2 days in and i already have a list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 days in and i already have a list

I got my car yesterday at noon, and ive been getting races all weekend. ive taken a modded 96 maxima by 4 cars, a stick mustang GT 5.0 by 1 1/2, a newer BMW Z4 by like 3 cars (some chick trying to mess with me), a cavalier by more than i could count, this tool in an audi 1.8t by alot (was more worried about cops than counting the gap, an 01 mustang V6 from a 50 mph roll.... and finally earlier today a riced out 3rd gen eclipse (i guess all those a-pillar gauges and painted shiny blue panels didnt give him any more power)... over all im in love with the car, i havent met a person yet who isnt impressed by it and im proud to be a new camaro owner!

[ February 27, 2006, 01:27 AM: Message edited by: 00 Silver 6 ]
    2000 Camaro 3800 A4

umm...kinda hard to believe u beat a z4 at all, with just an exhaust according to ur profile. if u did beat em all great, but im pretty sure others are guna call bs
    -RJ \"Like trail mix I\'m a lil sweet but mostly nutty\"<br />Metallic Blue 2001 3.8 Firebird M5<br />FRA,Smoothed Air lid, Homedepot Intake, K&N Air Filter, MSD Coils & Plug wires, Iridium Plugs, Flash Tune, 2.5 Flowmaster Catback.

Comment

Originally posted by RicE-ter:
      umm...kinda hard to believe u beat a z4 at all, with just an exhaust according to ur profile. if u did beat em all great, but im pretty sure others are guna call bs
      i was surprised too, it was some girl, probably around 17 driving it. it was stick, and she seemed to have alot of trouble with the shifts... probably dad's car or something, still felt good though
      2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

Not to be negative... but it sounds like you won't have this car for long.
        2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
        1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
        2011 Cadillac CTS-V
        2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
        2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

haha im with shril...watch out for those Blues and stay away from crowded roads...u might wanna calm it down a bit buddy

87 Firebird RIP
          96 Camaro RS RIP
          94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
          02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

Is your car a stick or an auto?

I see your in Chicago, what streets was this on or was it outside the city?

The mustang gt is definitely a good kill, the maxima by 4 cars is too. I'm not sure how fast the 1.8T is. I think we all know the cavalier isn't even worth the gas.
            97 Camaro rs 3.8<br />Flowmaster catback<br />High flow cat

Comment

Originally posted by Shirl:
              Not to be negative... but it sounds like you won't have this car for long.
              Especially with this car crash curse going around [img]redface.gif[/img]
              <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

Caviliers aren't worth the gas? I believe there has been an on going debate over on Jbody.org about the comparison of them to V6 f-bodies. From everything i read, there are some models of those that will hang with and possibly beat teh V6. But of course, thats comparing the top of the line model to the base model...
                Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Fbody3400:
                  Caviliers aren't worth the gas? I believe there has been an on going debate over on Jbody.org about the comparison of them to V6 f-bodies. From everything i read, there are some models of those that will hang with and possibly beat teh V6. But of course, thats comparing the top of the line model to the base model...
                  Maybe a Z24...
                  <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

Seems like you think every economy car is fast. I've raced against cavaliers either in the camaro or my mom's car and they are slower then a mofo. The newest generation too. I raced an old one with the 3.1, and it was no contest either but I think it out up more of a fight then the newest four bangers.

Whose comparing a car that needs almost 10 sec to get to 60 and runs 17sec 1/4mile to a fbody? That's the newest one and fastest model too. The newest ones with the base 2.2 run 18sec 1/4 and 11.5 0-60. Last I checked that was slow as ****.

You're right about neons being relatively fast for what they are, but not cavaliers.

Next you'll say is that a geo metro is fast as hell too.

[ February 27, 2006, 09:21 PM: Message edited by: odw777 ]

Comment

Whose comparing a car that needs almost 10 sec to get to 60 and runs 17sec 1/4mile to a fbody? That's the newest one and fastest model too. The newest ones with the base 2.2 run 18sec 1/4 and 11.5 0-60. Last I checked that was slow as ****.
                      My bone stock 1997 Z24 Cavalier did 15.6's with the front tires spinning... :D it felt quicker and more agile than my RS (when it was stock). Now I have the option of getting rid of it for another commuter car and I don't want to. I'm having trouble parting with it...it's just such a good, well-rounded vehicle.
                      2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
                      1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
                      2011 Cadillac CTS-V
                      2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
                      2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

My bone stock 1997 Z24 Cavalier did 15.6's with the front tires spinning... it felt quicker and more agile than my RS (when it was stock). Now I have the option of getting rid of it for another commuter car and I don't want to. I'm having trouble parting with it...it's just such a good, well-rounded vehicle.
                        You're kidding right? I'm looking at a car and driver test of a 1998 cavalier z24 and they're saying 8.7 0-60 16.8 1/4 mile. Now they have professional drivers and post the best numbers. Can you tell me how in the hell you go from 16.8 to mid 15s?

All I know is it will be a sad, sad day when I get beat by a pos economy car. I mean I'm sacrificing trunk and rear space because this is supposedly a sports car, man I don't think I could stomach a loss to a cavalier.

Comment

Originally posted by odw777:
                          </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> My bone stock 1997 Z24 Cavalier did 15.6's with the front tires spinning... it felt quicker and more agile than my RS (when it was stock). Now I have the option of getting rid of it for another commuter car and I don't want to. I'm having trouble parting with it...it's just such a good, well-rounded vehicle.
                          You're kidding right? I'm looking at a car and driver test of a 1998 cavalier z24 and they're saying 8.7 0-60 16.8 1/4 mile. Now they have professional drivers and post the best numbers. Can you tell me how in the hell you go from 16.8 to mid 15s?

All I know is it will be a sad, sad day when I get beat by a pos economy car. I mean I'm sacrificing trunk and rear space because this is supposedly a sports car, man I don't think I could stomach a loss to a cavalier.
                          </font>[/QUOTE]Haha, you know shirl is one of the fastest V6 Fbodies right? I'm pretty sure she is a good driver.

Magazine times =/ real world numbers. I mean one of the magazines said the SRT-4 only ran like high 14's. IIRC one magazine also said the LS1 only did mid 14's [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

I generally would say most of the times magazines can be off by as much as 1 second from real world numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirl:
                            </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Whose comparing a car that needs almost 10 sec to get to 60 and runs 17sec 1/4mile to a fbody? That's the newest one and fastest model too. The newest ones with the base 2.2 run 18sec 1/4 and 11.5 0-60. Last I checked that was slow as ****.
                            My bone stock 1997 Z24 Cavalier did 15.6's with the front tires spinning... :D it felt quicker and more agile than my RS (when it was stock). Now I have the option of getting rid of it for another commuter car and I don't want to. I'm having trouble parting with it...it's just such a good, well-rounded vehicle. </font>[/QUOTE]Ouch, real world facts hurt. Sorry, but I don't think every ****ing economy car is fast, I'm just being factual with actual experience. So next time you try to own someone, maybe you should do some research. Oh wait, I forgot you did, magazine numbers... [img]graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img] Bench racing
                            Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

I am basing this on real world experience. I raced against cavaliers and based my view of them from that.

Magazine numbers are a good way to judge a car's performance. I mean the car (or often a group of cars)is driven by a professional driver numerous times and the best times are reported. If they have an auto they torque brake and find the best launch rpm.

That's how I know roughly which cars I can or can't take, if something's significantly faster then my car then I'm not going to race it obviously.

I'm not going to see what each car runs in real life, at least with magazine numbers you get some idea.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X