Acure Integra GS-R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acure Integra GS-R

My Buddy has an Acura Integra GS-R {Thats the one with the 1.8l V-tec}slightly moded with a header and cat back, a cold air intake and some nitto zr tires. Its a good runnin car, tuned well and good compression. We have raced about 10 times from a rolling start to 90 and it is always even if his car is cold and mine is hot. If both our cars are hot I have 1 car lengh on him by 90 but if his car is hot and mine is cold I have 3 to 4 on him. Oh by the way i basicly have the same mods. So i can safely say through extensive research in the field that our slightly moded 3800s can beat the slightly moded Integra GS-R . So dont be afraid to spank some top end Hondas. Now put that motor in a gutted CRX and you got problems.

Some dumb *** with one thinks he can run me.... haha

Nice kill.
    2001 V6 Camaro - VTEC Badged, Abbott Racing Heads Sticker, and Loud A$$ Exhaust<br /><br /><b>BUILT NOT BOUGHT</b><br /><br />14.0 @ 96.44 MPH (Street Tires, Before Tranny)<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/6pakcamaro54\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/6pakcamaro54</a>

Comment

I wouldn't say they can beat all slightly modded GSRs. Those cars vary quite a bit with the drivers. They DO rev up to some 7800rpms... Some drivers are just scared to rev up that high.

My best friend with ONLY a cat back, CAI, and short throw shifter ran a 14.6 in the 1/4 mile.
      Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

First off, you guys aren't very smart running on cold motors. Racing an engine with thick cold oil is very bad for the motor.

Secondly, your friend probably can't drive. You HAVE to redline it and shift fast. If he shifts too soon, or doesn't shift fast enough, the car will drop out of VTEC, and that's a bad thing.
        <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

yea my friends got a 96 gsr with cai, chipped p28 ,exhaust, and short shifter. He shifts at 8300 when racing. ran a 14.5 in the 1320.
          <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2038380/5\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2038380/5</a> <br />pacesetter hi-flo cat, slp loudmouth 2 w/3.5 slash tips<br />Springtech lowering springs 1.75 drop<br />Hurst sts w/ short-throw stick<br />Not yet installed-pacesetter headers<br />Zexel-torson lsd<br />3.73\'s

Comment

Originally posted by camaro_speedemon:
            First off, you guys aren't very smart running on cold motors. Racing an engine with thick cold oil is very bad for the motor.

Secondly, your friend probably can't drive. You HAVE to redline it and shift fast. If he shifts too soon, or doesn't shift fast enough, the car will drop out of VTEC, and that's a bad thing.
            By the time oil is circulated through out the entire engine it is barely 25 degrees. People pay money for mods that cool down there engine. The colder you can get the engine between races the better. Oh and i live in the 21 century i use synthetic oil.

Comment

Uhm. Theres a difference between cool and cold.

People do pay money to keep their motor cool - but viscosity is effected by engine temps as well as the chances for detonation are increased and reduced based on engine temps as well - but thats for the most part on turbo cars.

Ever notice your oil pressure is different when you first start your car and when it gets warmed up?

Same goes for transmission. The tranny fluid must get warmed up to a proper tempature before it will work to its fullest.

All synthetic oil does is changes the number of addatives. Yes, it is better... But for what you're talking about, it has no difference in how it reacts to tempature.

GO learn about engine oil weights before you reply again to this thread.
              Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

Oil Viscosity 101 now in session. [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/banana.gif[/img]
                2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
                1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
                2011 Cadillac CTS-V
                2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
                2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Originally posted by KBeezy:
                  Uhm. Theres a difference between cool and cold.

People do pay money to keep their motor cool - but viscosity is effected by engine temps as well as the chances for detonation are increased and reduced based on engine temps as well - but thats for the most part on turbo cars.

Ever notice your oil pressure is different when you first start your car and when it gets warmed up?

Same goes for transmission. The tranny fluid must get warmed up to a proper tempature before it will work to its fullest.

All synthetic oil does is changes the number of addatives. Yes, it is better... But for what you're talking about, it has no difference in how it reacts to tempature.

GO learn about engine oil weights before you reply again to this thread.
                  what he said.

You ever wondered what the two numbers on oil are? 10-40, 5-30 ect... The first number is the viscosity of the oil when at temperature. The second number is when it is cold. When oil is cold, its very thick, which means its not lubricating as well as it is when its warm.

But hey, if you wanna spin a bearing because your ragging on your car with the engine cold, be my guest.

BTW, the optimal temp for maximum HP is around 160* any colder or hotter will hurt performance.
                  <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X