Beat a Ranger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beat a Ranger

In math today a kid asked what I drove and I told him a stock v6 camaro. He said he had a friend with am Edge Ranger with a v6 that was looking for a little fun after school. I told him we could race after school. We started out with a 30 roll, i downshifted my auto and he assumed I started early and floored it (catching me off guard) pulled about 4 feet and when I got on it we stayed even all the way to 85 when I shut down. We went from a few lights and I only got a car or two and we never moved after that. All and all it surprised me. I thought I would have won pretty easily, but he was pretty fast. Glad I wasn't cocky.
    Red 1998 Camaro<br />Mods so far=<br />K&N

Do you know which v6 it had in it? Since It kept up with you it had to be the 4.0. It makes like 200 horses. My dad has a Ranger with a 4.0 and my camaro feels much quicker than it, though we've never raced. Must be my mods...
    1998 Camaro V6 \"Black Mamba\"<br />Y87<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N filter<br />Flowmaster American Thunder<br />Numerous appearance mods.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154172\" target=\"_blank\">Car Domain</a>

Comment

DO NOT MANUALLY SHIFT AN AUTOMATIC!!!!!!!!!

from a roll the tranny will downshift itself and you should never shift it yourself anyways. you keep doing that and you can kiss the transmission goodbye.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
      Or this

Comment

err... I downshifted so it would jump the RPMs into my powerband without the hesitation when you floor it in Drive. Not like I manually shifted it, I just downshifted and put it back into drive when it was floored. Yeah, it was the 4.0 and had exhaust work and I assume it is possible for intake and other stuff. Keep in mind I am stock besides the dirty K&N.

Comment

none the less your going to kill your tranny doing that. trust me its not a good idea to do that.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
          http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
          Or this

Comment

Why would they put that on there if it would ruin the tranny? (not trying to be a prick or rude, just wondering what the purpose is)

Comment

I always thought it was for situations like where the roads or bad. Like in the snow you may not want your car to upshift or downshift so you put it in 1st or 2nd. I dunno...I have a friend who does that in his auto so I tried it in mine and I didnt really notice any difference from just stepping on it.
              1998 Camaro V6 \"Black Mamba\"<br />Y87<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N filter<br />Flowmaster American Thunder<br />Numerous appearance mods.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154172\" target=\"_blank\">Car Domain</a>

Comment

I didn't do it for a power difference, greg, I did it so I would not have to wait for the hesitation from flooring it. You know: you leave it in drive, floor it, it takes a little while for it to decide to downshift. It does not do it instantly. So to avoid this lag of the downshift, I downshifted ahead of time.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                  Hello everyone!
                  by Andy H
                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                  4 weeks ago
                • 3.4 slow to go
                  hey there strangers!
                  by 3.4 slow to go
                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X