UPDATE for LS1 VS L36

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPDATE for LS1 VS L36

I finally raced a 2002 formula. I have a 100 shot, catback, and intake with a shift kit. The guy I raced races alot so he knew what he was doing but ne ways. We were real even for about an 1/8 mile but when shifting into third he had a substantial pull on my car. all in all the formula won and I lost. I held up pretty darn good but there truly is no replacement for displacement.
    Why hop up a V6, cuz $724 a month for insurance is a little steep.

How depressing :( What mods did his car have? Doesn't sound like it was stock.
    2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
    1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
    2011 Cadillac CTS-V
    2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

150 shot haha ;) j/k
      <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

He had ZERO mods. Not even a drop in k and n air filter. However he does know exactly where to launch his car to get zero wheel spin and has raced many times. I have the tape of how close it is. Hopefully soon I will get it loaded up. We are gonna run again this coming weekend because it was so close.

Comment

you need to practice with your car some more then so you can get it even closer
          http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

the launch gives you a lot..on my dry kit i would leave the system armed and ready to go as soon as i hit wide open throttle..i would stall to 2000 rpms on the line..and then put it right to wide open throttle when i launched and sprayed right off the line..thats how i got my 60's down so much..gotta get tires that can handle it though
            <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

Thats exactly what the guy told me that I was racing, he asked when I was hitting it and I told him not untill 3000 rpms and he said that if I were to hit it sooner out of the hole that I would be betting him without a doubt.

Comment

Relocating to kill stories
                Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Originally posted by bird200:
                  there truly is no replacement for displacement.
                  not true...my 148ci 2.4L has some good grunt. [img]smile.gif[/img] Forced induction makes the motor seem bigger [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                  2004 Dodge SRT-4<br />Turbo Swapped!<br />11.85 @ 122.8<br />Retired: 1999 Camaro Y87<br />15.21 @ 89

Comment

Originally posted by 99camaro99:
                    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by bird200:
                    not true...my 148ci 2.4L has some good grunt. [img]smile.gif[/img] Forced induction makes the motor seem bigger [img]tongue.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]exactly,just look at the supras :D

Comment

Originally posted by 99camaro99:
                      not true...my 148ci 2.4L has some good grunt. [img]smile.gif[/img] Forced induction makes the motor seem bigger [img]tongue.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]So what happens when you turbo a 5.7L? Thx, now stop talking about your Neon all the time.
                      <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

Originally posted by 95Batmobile:
                        </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 99camaro99:
                        not true...my 148ci 2.4L has some good grunt. [img]smile.gif[/img] Forced induction makes the motor seem bigger [img]tongue.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]So what happens when you turbo a 5.7L? Thx, now stop talking about your Neon all the time. </font>[/QUOTE][img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
                        millionformarriage.org

Why stop people from getting married?

Comment

Originally posted by 95Batmobile:
                          </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 99camaro99:
                          not true...my 148ci 2.4L has some good grunt. [img]smile.gif[/img] Forced induction makes the motor seem bigger [img]tongue.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]So what happens when you turbo a 5.7L? Thx, now stop talking about your Neon all the time. </font>[/QUOTE]yeah but 5.7 turbo has no waranty from the factory [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Who gives a **** about warranties if you have 700+ HP?
                            Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

people do when they buy a new car :rolleyes: why would I want a 700hp car if its going to be fixed or repaired daily

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                17 hours ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Little work today
                                by ssms5411
                                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X