98 maxima

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98 maxima

a while back my friend from work wanted to race me. Hes got a 98 maxima with a CAI and some kinda catback exhaust. We drove down the street until we caught a light. Light turned green and he gunned it and spun a little and had half a car on me. I decided not to just floor it cause i wouldve spun but by the end of 1st gear i already had a car length on him and when i shut down around 85 it was about 2 cars. I was imrpessed i thought those were a lot slower like cavalier 2.4 slow...guess i was wrong
    Red 1998 Camaro 3.8<br />K&N and Home Depot<br />2 12\" JL W3v2 Subwoofers<br />-more audio stuff to come-

Yeah, 5-sp Maximas in certain years are pretty quick. Don't underestimate them, they'll make short work of you if you do.
    Check out my stable of supercharged W-Bodies <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=136\" target=\"_blank\">HERE</a><br /><b>\'97 Pontiac GP GTP Coupe</b><br /><b>\'98 Regal GS | L67 3800 Series II</b>

Comment

Surprised you even beat him. My friends wife has a 97 5 speed max with a fenderwell intake and I usually beat her (BARELY, talking by an asshair) from a dig because she'll spin...but from a roll, she'll almost always reel me in and beat me.

This was all before the cam of course. We have yet to run since I got the cam.
      -1999 Camaro Coupe 3800 Series II V6 A4 - SOLD<br />-1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP coupe

Comment

i had a 98 with the same "fenderwell" intake you are talking about (true CAI) and a y-pipe. That combo is good for usually 18-20 horsepower. From a stop, i think with the right gears the camaro can take it, for a while. I think after 70-80, the maxima would take off. Mine got up to 140, pretty quick for an 8yr old 4 door.

Comment

A 96 maxima I used to race had an intake, y-pipe and a few other things and ran 14.5s

thing ws fast.

I drove a newer one that had 240 hp forgot the year was my roomates brothers, we took it out and tore around town, thing had some power.
          -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X