02 Camaro M5 vs Cammed and pullied GTP - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

02 Camaro M5 vs Cammed and pullied GTP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 02 Camaro M5 vs Cammed and pullied GTP

well weve been waiting for this one. my buddy has been working on his 99 gp swapping a '00 gtp motor and tranny in. he did a real good job. this thing is fast! ive never seen a front drive car lay it like his does.

so 1st race:
    hes behind me and our buddy in his 3.4 maro is in front of me. i gun it get around the 3.4 and so does the kid in the gp. so now were both past the 3.4 and im about a car up. he cuts back to the left and comes to my rear bumper. then before i know it hes right next to me at 80-90. i mean he made up that lenght real quick. he got a nose ahead of me then he dropped back all of a sudden.

2nd race 35 roll:
    so this time i flagged him to slow down we slowed down to about 35. we shoulda beeped, but i got so excited and i got on it a bit b4 him. so i jumped up about 2 cars. so i hit 3rd and again he makes up that distance real quick gets right next to me and then, drops back down again. im like wtf, theres no way i edged him out. i thought he let off.

so we all go to breakfest and e&p. and we all talking, the first thing he said was he thought his super charger was slipping and it was going right @ around 80. so that explains alot of why he dropped back. he said he couldnt hear anything in his car cuz all he could hear was my car lol.

you can tell it has the power. i mean he accidently lays tired from stop signs from trying to accelerate likes it his old gp. once he get his probs worked out this thing is going to be sick. weve talked about racing all year we just never got a chance. we poke fun at each otheres cars but not in any serious ways. so when we finally get to hes got a freaking gtp engine. lol but it was fun. i think i suprised him how fast a v6 maro can be. it nice to know that i held my own in this race, but i know its bumming him becuz all of his work hes put into it. but hes a member over clubgp and there justa s helpful as here so im sure hell get it worked out quickly.

[ May 13, 2005, 04:32 PM: Message edited by: articacid ]
    <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/articacid\" target=\"_blank\">2002 35th Anniv. Black Camaro M5</a><br />Mods: Carsound Cat, SLP Loudmouth, Whisper Lid w/ K&N, J&M LCA\'s, ST Springs, eD Stereo(146.7 dB)<br />\'88 K1500 305 V8 Auto(Winter)

Wow... Sounds like you got quite a run for the money. He said his S/C was cutting out at 80 thus causing him to drop back or slowdown?
    1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Comment

Stock GTPs are faster than 3.8s, a pullied and cam should beat ya.
      \'98 z28<br /> <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a245/GreatSave9/?start=all\" target=\"_blank\">http://photobucket.com/albums/a245/GreatSave9/?start=all</a>

Comment

Wow... Sounds like you got quite a run for the money. He said his S/C was cutting out at 80 thus causing him to drop back or slowdown?
        He would start pulling on me like nothing, then he would slowly start dropping back. he said he thought it was his belt slipping. which is more than likely esp since he has the smaller pully on it.

Stock GTPs are faster than 3.8s, a pullied and cam should beat ya.
        i know this is very true he shoulda blew my doors off! but like i said this is a very new set up for him he has some probs that need to be worked out. he has a comps vs. cam w/ ls6 valve springs and hardened pushrods. he also has a 3.25 pully. his belt did seem very loose. he is still also running a stock tune. hes also getting the p0300 code(multiple cylender misfire i think).
        <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/articacid\" target=\"_blank\">2002 35th Anniv. Black Camaro M5</a><br />Mods: Carsound Cat, SLP Loudmouth, Whisper Lid w/ K&N, J&M LCA\'s, ST Springs, eD Stereo(146.7 dB)<br />\'88 K1500 305 V8 Auto(Winter)

Comment

Nice races.

The VS cam is a really great cam. Id definatly tell him to get a DHP with all the cam goodies. (P0300 code removed, more fuel, higher shifting, more timing) The p0300 code is due to the idle of the cam. The PCM thinks the car is misfiring but it isnt. Unless he really is misfiring, but I am pretty sure you guys know what misfires feel like.
          1999 Grand Prix GT<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.fishsgt.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fishsgt.com</a><br /><br />Best ET: 14.94@91.25MPH with a 2.2 60\"

Comment

no its not really misfiring. it is a very impressive car.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
              Little work today
              by ssms5411
              Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
              2 weeks ago
            • LETZRIDE
              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
              02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X