Beat a v6 firebird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beat a v6 firebird

I have a 2002 v6 M5 camaro with my home made intake and a battery compacitor, otherwise engine is stock. Car has 2 subs a huge box and a amp in it, lots of weight. Raced my buddy with a 2002 Auto Firebird, has a SLP intake with borla exhaust and no audio, he is a good 20 pounds lighter than me.
    Race off the line i would have killed him so we decided to go from a roll. Started at 20, i waited for his car to down **** and take off until i hit the gas so that it wouldn't be unfair and the auto downshift card couldn't be played...he pulled me by about half a car. By the end of first i already had him on my bumber, by the end of second, he was a car or so back...and i don't know when he let off. I don't know if he will get on and give you his perspective and tell you want rpm and when he started to lose most ground, but just thought that i would show the big difference between an auto and a manual even from a roll, and the greatness of my homemade intake!
    2002 M5 camaro- VTR CAI, custom cat-back exhaust, battery compacitor, pullie, lowering springs, 32mm sway bar, cross-drilled slotted rotars. 1-10\" L7 in cubby.

Yay

Comment

Originally posted by Ender2664:
      ...... just thought that i would show the big difference between an auto and a manual even from a roll!!
      give that 4L60E a make-over and try it again. ;) I love drving stick, but have no disappointment driving my built and stalled auto.
      \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

Comment

I love playing around with fellow fbodies, if anyone ever wants to and lives in the area give me a call and you should come down and kick it with me and my friend for the evninig and maybe we can play cat and mouse sometime during the evening.
        2002 M5 camaro- VTR CAI, custom cat-back exhaust, battery compacitor, pullie, lowering springs, 32mm sway bar, cross-drilled slotted rotars. 1-10\" L7 in cubby.

Comment

wish I lived in CA.... :( and I'd want to race you from a dig.
          -1999 Camaro Coupe 3800 Series II V6 A4 - SOLD<br />-1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP coupe

Comment

You should race Jeff, he's got intake/exhaust/3.42s and an auto.. I wonder how close it would be.
            <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

i thought manuals were faster from a roll?

Comment

We are even faster from a stop though! So it takes away some of our advantage from a roll. I will run Jeff...just as soon as i get my license back..lol. I would bring my car to your house, but i can't drive, if i have my license back in time i will bring it though and we can all have fun.

Comment

Your manual doesn't have an advantage on my auto from a stop, I can pretty much guarantee that. Good kill!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
                  -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

yeas... stalled a4 likes mine... by by advantage lol good kill tho

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X