Beat a neon and got beat by another neon - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beat a neon and got beat by another neon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beat a neon and got beat by another neon

Well me and my buddy were on a nice open road he was in his 03 neon sxt auto it has an exhuast. i raped him had like 10-15 cars by 110. so after we drop his car off we see this other neon at a light but i cant get next to him so i go behind him. so we finally get away from traffic. i pull in the left lane and floor it. so do he. b4 we even started he was a good 4 cars in front of me. so we nail it and we stay the distance we are. no body pulling so around 75 i start inching foward by 110 im like 2 cars away and pulling and then we both shut down cuz of traffic was coming up.

i couldnt beleive it! i never had a neon hang with me like that. i didnt get a chance to talk to the guy or anything. but i know he had to of had a decent amount of mods. it was an older neon by the way. like 98 or so. any idea's what this guy coulda had done? maybe a small shot of n20?
    <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/articacid\" target=\"_blank\">2002 35th Anniv. Black Camaro M5</a><br />Mods: Carsound Cat, SLP Loudmouth, Whisper Lid w/ K&N, J&M LCA\'s, ST Springs, eD Stereo(146.7 dB)<br />\'88 K1500 305 V8 Auto(Winter)

[img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img] I dont know of any roads within 100 miles of Pittsburgh that arent riddled with potholes and mounds of cold patch that Id race my car up to 110mph on.

if you ask James, he'll tell you the Neon beat you by its sheer sexiness alone!! ;)
    \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

Comment

Originally posted by ellik:
      [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img] I dont know of any roads within 100 miles of Pittsburgh that arent riddled with potholes and mounds of cold patch that Id race my car up to 110mph on.

if you ask James, he'll tell you the Neon beat you by its sheer sexiness alone!! ;)
      lol werd

few new roads but there not that safe
      www.turbov6camaro.com
      1997 3800 Series II Camaro
      4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
      7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
      11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

this road was coming out of belle vernon, pa and another road i always end up racing on is the new freeway (43) i maxed my car out there.
        <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/articacid\" target=\"_blank\">2002 35th Anniv. Black Camaro M5</a><br />Mods: Carsound Cat, SLP Loudmouth, Whisper Lid w/ K&N, J&M LCA\'s, ST Springs, eD Stereo(146.7 dB)<br />\'88 K1500 305 V8 Auto(Winter)

Comment

Originally posted by articacid:
          .....the new freeway (43)
          you mean they actually finished one of the construction projects?!?!?

anyway, good kill on the one neon. as for the other, I dunno that much about the older ones. I would guess maybe a small shot of nitrous, I didnt think they had much in the way of aftermarket available for them before the newer style came out.
          \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

Comment

Auto SXT's can be high 16/ low 17 second cars.

Manual good driver...... well, see sig. I go 15.7 with a cold air and nothing else.

Older neon's can start going mid 15's stock (manual) and some w/ cold air low 15/s high 14's.

:D neon love :D
            Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
            nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
            2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
            2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Originally posted by 12secondv6:
              Auto SXT's can be high 16/ low 17 second cars.

Manual good driver...... well, see sig. I go 15.7 with a cold air and nothing else.

Older neon's can start going mid 15's stock (manual) and some w/ cold air low 15/s high 14's.

:D neon love :D
              atleast he didnt use "sexiness" this time.
              \"Well, we don\'t care how bad-*** some dude\'s N/A Honda S2000 motor is; if you go up against 900+ pushrod ponies and 750 pounds of earth-shaking torque with a wrong-wheel-drive econobox, you\'re gonna get a fast and furious old-school ***-whipping.\"

Comment

sounds like you raped him the first time...then he had a moment to get the juice ready before the second race...still a good run [img]smile.gif[/img]
                <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

Originally posted by kamarozrule:
                  atleast he didnt use "sexiness" this time.
                  [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

SEXINESS [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                  Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                  nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                  2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                  2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

haha...i had one...its a bit riced though...
                    www.mysickneon.50megs.com
                    <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

it was two different neons. 1st my buddy's then we dropped it off and he rode home with me and thats when we seen the second older neon. i seen a big black loud of smoke shoot out of his exhaust towards the end too.

Comment

ohhhhhhhhhh...wonder if he had a bit of boost ;)

Comment

that crossed my mind too. bottom line is i think he def had to of had some money in it. do you guys agree?

Comment

yeah, my auto 97 neon has some pep. i would guess mid 16ish
                            2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

^^yup...thats what i had...again...a little riced..but not too bad..
                              www.mysickneon.50megs.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X