What a night!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a night!

a few guys i know have been hyping up a prelude that they were building. in has a JDM motor "from japan" intake, header, full exhaust, ignition upgrade, vtech controller, and a short shifter.

ok so they keep saying it is gonna smoke me and this and that. i actually thought it was goign to kill me but i wanted to race it anyway just to see how i would do.

we line up and off the line i jump 1 1/2 cars ahead and pull to 2 cars very quickly. then i pull about another half a car and by this time we are at about 85-90 ish, about a quarter mile for me. we did that 3 times and the same outcome everytime. all that hype and nothing to back it up. [img]smile.gif[/img] but anyway what do you guys think about this? i do have to say though if we would have raced about a half mile instead of a quarter mile he would have beaten me cause he was pulling like crazy in the end of the race.
    2001 Black Camaro<br /><br /><br />I have no clue how i beat you.....maybe your car is slow.<br /><br />Whisper lid, SSRA, Pacesetter Headers, Carsound 3\" Cat, SLP Loudmouth, BMR strut brace, black ZR-1 rims, Xenon kit

wait i didnt hit Vtec!!! those cars make all the pony's at high rpm, thats when Vtec sputters in.
    2002 NBM Pontiac Firebird Formula<br />Mods: stock...<br />1997 Chevy Camaro *Gone*<br />Mods:Borla,headers,Magnaflow cat, SLP intake, NOS 5175

Comment

but with that motor shouldnt he be kinda quick....quicker than i am? and yes he can shift very good.
      2001 Black Camaro<br /><br /><br />I have no clue how i beat you.....maybe your car is slow.<br /><br />Whisper lid, SSRA, Pacesetter Headers, Carsound 3\" Cat, SLP Loudmouth, BMR strut brace, black ZR-1 rims, Xenon kit

Comment

Our cars dont get much respect.....torque always kills in short distance races. He has none.

Comment

it depends; the H22 engine is a pretty powerful motor. it is a very common swap in most civics, and those civics will eat our cars all day long. anyhow, preludes are heavier. I think it should have been a lot closer if not him edging you out? doesnt seem like hes the best driver if u want my opnion. i can beat an integra gs-r(b18c)with intake/exhaust, and thats a close race for me everytime.
          Black 1996 3.8 Firebird T5, SLP CAI, Pacesetter Ceramic Headers,160* t-stat, PCMforLess Tune, Flowmaster American Thunder catback, Car Sounds Cat, custom s-pipe, MSD coils and wires, NGK plugs, 3.42 posi rear, B&M Ripper, 245/50 BFG-G-force's

Comment

Originally posted by Silv6:
            wait i didnt hit Vtec!!! those cars make all the pony's at high rpm, thats when Vtec sputters in.
            and when the race is always already over
            Red 1998 Camaro 3.8<br />K&N and Home Depot<br />2 12\" JL W3v2 Subwoofers<br />-more audio stuff to come-

Comment

preludes are decent for 4 cylinders w/out a turbo but not good enough [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
              2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

bet the vtec controler did him in. i really dobut that you could have beat him in top like you did with the vtech working at the right RPMs
                Fighting Texas Aggie Class 2008<br />3.4 t-top bird<br />K&N cai - Mangaflo 3in catback - 2.5in catco cat - Slect Coils - tb coolant bypass<br /><br />\"no matter how far we\'ve come, i cant wait to see tommrow\" LP

Comment

did no one read the part where i said he began pulling on my like crazy in the end and if the race would have been for more that what we raced i would have been raped.

Comment

Not surprised. THere is a prelude guy here that when I pull up in my camaro he won't even let me look under the hood and just downplays the thing...
                    2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SE D20 M5 - Modified ;) <a href=\"http://www.knightenmotorsports.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.knightenmotorsports.com</a> <br />[ U R L = h t t p : / / w w w . g e o c i t i e s . c o m / h e a r t l a n d _ h e a t _ v 6 ] Heartland Heat V6 [ / U R L ]

Comment

I dont doubt your story at all but like you said if the race had been longer he probably would have taken you but it was a 1/4 mile race and he lost that is how it goes sometimes
                      1996 Metalic Bule Camaro: no cat BORLA muffler 245-50-16 falken 502\'s descreened MAF 1pc driveshaft<br /><br /><br />soon to come: fixing that dagum Quarter Panel that i jacked up.<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/heartland_heat_v6\" target=\"_blank\">Heartland Heat V6</a> &lt;----CO-FOUNDER<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.dahleinsurance.com\" target=\"_blank\">NEED INSURANCE?</a>

Comment

wait i didnt hit Vtec!!! thats the same old excuse I hear. I beat my boss civic that has a gsr engine it. I hear the same old thing wait i didnt hit Vtec!!! represent the V6 and thats what you did

Comment

VTEC=NO TORQUE, kinda funny b/c b4 vtec they all had even hp/torque but now its like 240/150 (S2000) and gayness like that. Stupid Honda people, what're they thinking...
                          \'99 SSM Camaro V6 M5<br />(mod list on cardomain site; too long to list here)<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/v6cam99\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/v6cam99</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X