Edged out Stang in mommy's Z71 : )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edged out Stang in mommy's Z71 : )

Crusing down the highway than runs out of my town, to a neighboring one, and i come to a stoplight. Up next to me pulls a newer model Stang....V6. He revs it, looks over and smirks. I throw some revs back, and held up 8 fingers [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img] reminding him he doesnt have a GT, and therefore due to the fact its an auto stang, its crap.

We took off on green and i spun just barely, but caught back up. I was up to within a half car length, by the end of 1st, which was about 40MPH, then in second, i just walked past him. I shut it down at about 70 (5500 RPM in 2nd), with about a truck length or so lead.

I was suprised how hard that truck pulls, even in the higher RPM's. Didnt expect it to sh*t and get like that.

ahahahahaha add the Z71 to the list of stang wopers
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

What year Z-71? The late 90's had the Vortec 350's, pulls hard as a ***** I love those trucks.
      I speak the truth, I say what other don\'t say.<br />I am a ***.

Comment

Originally posted by 97V6Camaro:
        Crusing down the highway than runs out of my town, to a neighboring one, and i come to a stoplight. Up next to me pulls a newer model Stang....V6. He revs it, looks over and smirks. I throw some revs back, and held up 8 fingers [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img] reminding him he doesnt have a GT, and therefore due to the fact its an auto stang, its crap.

We took off on green and i spun just barely, but caught back up. I was up to within a half car length, by the end of 1st, which was about 40MPH, then in second, i just walked past him. I shut it down at about 70 (5500 RPM in 2nd), with about a truck length or so lead.

I was suprised how hard that truck pulls, even in the higher RPM's. Didnt expect it to sh*t and get like that.
        good kill.
        He prolly thought ur 8 fingers meant u have a V8. Is that a Silverado or what? and what yr?
        1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

Its a 2000 Silverado Z71 with the 5.3L Vortec.

285HP@5200RPM 325LB-FT@4000RPM

Who woulda thunk it? O yeah, and the 8 fingers was showing him i have a V8, and he doesnt [img]graemlins/banana.gif[/img]

Comment

I have a friend with a 2003 silverado extended cab. It has a 5.3L, catback exhaust, CAI, and computer reprogram.

When he gave me a ride it really surprised me...at about thirty five he let it idle down and then hit it full throttle...it can put you in the seat pretty good for a truck as big as it is.
            2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SE D20 M5 - Modified ;) <a href=\"http://www.knightenmotorsports.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.knightenmotorsports.com</a> <br />[ U R L = h t t p : / / w w w . g e o c i t i e s . c o m / h e a r t l a n d _ h e a t _ v 6 ] Heartland Heat V6 [ / U R L ]

Comment

they can haul a$$. the newer 5.3L trucks. My dad had a '03 SS silverado that hauled major a$$. The stock exhaust sounded MEAN but not too harsh like dual exhaust. Now he has the Duramax and it actually move's good for a deisel that's as big as it is. I don't doubt for a bit that a 5.3L could take down a V6 stang. Do it from a stop and watch him cry. I raced a '95 GT stang with my dad's 8.1 L big block Silverado he had for like a month. Killed him from a stop. He started to chase me down at around 80-85. My dad switches vehicles like every 4 months. sad that he sold the SS. that was a hott truck. and black too :D
              2000 Grand Prix GTP- Bronzemist Metallic: K&N Fenderwell Intake,3.4\" Thrasher Pulley, v1.0 DHP PCM, 3\" Mandrel Bent DP,Ubend Delete,Dynomax SuperTurbos, 180* Thermostat.<br />Soon to come: ZZP SSIntercooler or N20 or both:)

Comment

could a 2001 silverado beat lour cars (3.8) by they way i have no mods so that dont help

Comment

No, they wont beat our cars. I have ran my car stock against my mom's truck, and i beat it by a pretty decent length.

Those trucks are revvers, not just limited to low-end power. However, our cars are beasts from a dig, so thats where we gain leads.

The 5.3L trucks will run 16's in the quarter.

Comment

Funny he has an auto and revved at you. Guess he must've popped it into N..

Yeah, the auto V6s are piles of poop. I think Ford made them for the highschool kids/middle-aged women who thought they just looked good. :D

Comment

Originally posted by 4x4 Mustang Chick:

Yeah, the auto V6s are piles of poop. I think Ford made them for the highschool kids/middle-aged women who thought they just looked good. :D
                      true. plus i dont know about you guys, but almost every single v6 stang i see has some vanity plate like "mypony" or "mystang" and its always a girl drivin, not to be sexist or anything..
                      \'97 V6 30th Anniversary Camaro, Mystic Teal, 245/45/17 Kuhmos w/ 17 Crome Corvette Replicas, Pioneer Premier headunit w/ MTX 10\" Loaded Enclosure, Flowmaster 80 Series Muffler w/ highly modded cat..., B&M ShiftPlus, Front blackouts and bra

Comment

Originally posted by MysticCamaro97:
                        true. plus i dont know about you guys, but almost every single v6 stang i see has some vanity plate like "mypony" or "mystang" and its always a girl drivin, not to be sexist or anything..
                        Hahaha, I just sent off the application to get a personalized plate for my GT. [img]redface.gif[/img]

Comment

My dad has a 2wd 01 1500 with the 5.3, it will smoke the piss out of the tires and it pretty quick. Puts your head into the seat :D
                          2001 V6 Camaro - VTEC Badged, Abbott Racing Heads Sticker, and Loud A$$ Exhaust<br /><br /><b>BUILT NOT BOUGHT</b><br /><br />14.0 @ 96.44 MPH (Street Tires, Before Tranny)<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/6pakcamaro54\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/6pakcamaro54</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X