Kept up with a Mustang GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kept up with a Mustang GT

I pulled up next to a '99+ Mustang GT at a light and I figured it was on. We both launched hard with a little bit of tire spin and I was surprised to keep up with him all the way thru first gear. We shifted to second and he started to pull, but I was just happy to keep up that much. I ran into traffic so I immediately had to stop (I was going ~40 or 50) but I could see he was going to walk me after that.
    -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

good job

where were you at if you don't mind me asking
    1996 Metalic Bule Camaro: no cat BORLA muffler 245-50-16 falken 502\'s descreened MAF 1pc driveshaft<br /><br /><br />soon to come: fixing that dagum Quarter Panel that i jacked up.<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/heartland_heat_v6\" target=\"_blank\">Heartland Heat V6</a> &lt;----CO-FOUNDER<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.dahleinsurance.com\" target=\"_blank\">NEED INSURANCE?</a>

Comment

yeah...i took on a bunch of GTs without nitrous and before i had the SC ...i tell ya..thats why they just dont impress me..so...rock on! [img]smile.gif[/img]
      <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

2nd st in Edmond, hence the slow-speed racing [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]
        -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

good job.

1Dangerousv6, you ran 15.7 with you blower. keeping up with a gt...i think not
          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by 1DangerousV6:
            yeah...i took on a bunch of GTs without nitrous and before i had the SC ...i tell ya..thats why they just dont impress me..so...rock on! [img]smile.gif[/img]
            Really now? Please tell me they where really horrible drivers or they where 98 and pre GT's.
            Old 2003 gt, Pullies, k&n air filter, tb and spacer, off road xpipe, catback exhaust accufab plenum, volant cai. quadrant clutch, cable, firewall adjuster, predator programmer and 180 thermo with 255/40/17 nittos on the back

Comment

Originally posted by V6FirebirdPride:
              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 1DangerousV6:
              Really now? Please tell me they where really horrible drivers or they where 98 and pre GT's. </font>[/QUOTE]Honestly, i also stay right with them. I ran about 3 GT's on the highway from like a 60 roll before i had my intake and MSD, and was dead even all 3 times. I raced a stick GT from a dig when i had a bad miss in the car, and he pulled, but thats the only time a GT has pulled on me. BUT, i know there are fast ones out there.

In fact, speaking of slow GT's, i drove a 2000 5 speed GT last weekend, that had work done to it, and 3.73's, and at about 3000 rpm in 2nd i floored it, and you know what? That thing was friggin slow. Sounded nice, but really slow. He did have nitrous in it, but i didnt spray. N/a, it was slow as hell.

I personally have never been in any Mustang newer than 1994 that impressed me. Ive been in plenty of fastass fox bodys though.

Oh, im also a real good driver, so im sure that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian:
                Honestly, i also stay right with them. I ran about 3 GT's on the highway from like a 60 roll before i had my intake and MSD, and was dead even all 3 times. I raced a stick GT from a dig when i had a bad miss in the car, and he pulled, but thats the only time a GT has pulled on me. BUT, i know there are fast ones out there.

In fact, speaking of slow GT's, i drove a 2000 5 speed GT last weekend, that had work done to it, and 3.73's, and at about 3000 rpm in 2nd i floored it, and you know what? That thing was friggin slow. Sounded nice, but really slow. He did have nitrous in it, but i didnt spray. N/a, it was slow as hell.
                The Mustang GT's you raced were probably not going all-out. I see you have a best trap speed of 91 mph? Well the '99+ GTs trap 95 and up in the 1/4, so I don't really see you hanging with them from a 60 roll. I just don't see why people think their 15-second V6's can "hang" with mid-low 14-second Mustang GT's. I said I kept up through FIRST GEAR, and you're saying you hung with them on the highway? They were probably trying to save their gas mileage and thought "oh well I'll just go as slow as this six-banger and I should get 30+mpg." [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

Think of the difference between your 3.8 and a 3.4...do you think a stock 3.4 would be able to "hang" with you on the highway? Hell no it wouldn't, they trap anywhere from 80-84 stock. 3.8s trap anywhere from 85-90 stock. There's even more of a power difference between you and a '99+ GT. GT owners like V6FirebirdPride know this and laugh at you.

Edit: I'm sure if you're a "real good driver" you've done better than a 2.3 '60 at the track, right?

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG:
                  good job.

without spark plugs...ask James he could here the engine chattering from the stands...i also ran a 13.9 that same morning...and can you read?...i said this was before the blower anyway...nice try though

[ October 07, 2004, 11:39 AM: Message edited by: 1DangerousV6 ]
                  <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

what was your best et before the blower 1Dangerousv6?

Comment

im not sure...i never took it to the track before the blower was installed..i wish i had though...and then ran some times with a dry shot too when the nozzle used to be before the MAF...oh well...i get my camaro back tomorrow afternoon...woohoo!

Comment

Originally posted by Camarorulz:
                        </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ian:
                        Honestly, i also stay right with them. I ran about 3 GT's on the highway from like a 60 roll before i had my intake and MSD, and was dead even all 3 times. I raced a stick GT from a dig when i had a bad miss in the car, and he pulled, but thats the only time a GT has pulled on me. BUT, i know there are fast ones out there.

The Mustang GT's you raced were probably not going all-out. I see you have a best trap speed of 91 mph? Well the '99+ GTs trap 95 and up in the 1/4, so I don't really see you hanging with them from a 60 roll. I just don't see why people think their 15-second V6's can "hang" with mid-low 14-second Mustang GT's. I said I kept up through FIRST GEAR, and you're saying you hung with them on the highway? They were probably trying to save their gas mileage and thought "oh well I'll just go as slow as this six-banger and I should get 30+mpg." [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

Think of the difference between your 3.8 and a 3.4...do you think a stock 3.4 would be able to "hang" with you on the highway? Hell no it wouldn't, they trap anywhere from 80-84 stock. 3.8s trap anywhere from 85-90 stock. There's even more of a power difference between you and a '99+ GT. GT owners like V6FirebirdPride know this and laugh at you.

Edit: I'm sure if you're a "real good driver" you've done better than a 2.3 '60 at the track, right?
                        </font>[/QUOTE]Well, the one that sticks out in my mind most is the 99+ vert that i raced. He had exhaust on it, i know that much, and when we went from a roll on the highway, we were dead even. Dead even. Noone pulling

I also toyed with another one on the highway also, and we too were dead even.

Now, the only thing i can think of is that they both had gears in them, something high, perhaps 4.10's or so. Both GT's had at least exhaust, and i know that the 3 basic mods for mustangs are exhaust, CAI, and gears.

I have no reason to BS any of this crap. I could really care less who on this board thinks my car is right there with GT's, it doesnt bother me. All im tellin you is what happened, and that GT's dont impress me.

Comment

Wtf is up with people being *******s in this thread?
                          94 Firebird 3.4 - RIP<br />97 Firebird 3.8 - In the works

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG:
                            good job.

^^^^^^^^^^^
                            No need for that. [img]graemlins/slap.gif[/img]

Originally posted by tWiStEdBird:
                            Wtf is up with people being *******s in this thread?
                            [ October 07, 2004, 04:12 PM: Message edited by: pontiac nino ]
                            ---Niño---<br /><i>95\' silver 5 spd</i>

Comment

my buddy where i live has a 98 cobra with intake and exhaust work done to it and 4.10s, and he runs 12.9, pretttty nice. too bad its a ford...
                              Black 1996 3.8 Firebird T5, SLP CAI, Pacesetter Ceramic Headers,160* t-stat, PCMforLess Tune, Flowmaster American Thunder catback, Car Sounds Cat, custom s-pipe, MSD coils and wires, NGK plugs, 3.42 posi rear, B&M Ripper, 245/50 BFG-G-force's

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X