No announcement yet.

RX8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well first off rotarys dont have "cams" lol silly... and second that had to have been a bad driver because they are quick stock for stock
    94 chevy truck - SOLD!!<br />92 toyota tercel - beater SOLD!!<br />88 Rx7 se - SOLD !!<br />88 MAZDA RX7 CONVERTIBLE NOW

Comment

Originally posted by mr_man:
      </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by LD:
      the manuals are faster (the time quoted above)
      the manuals also have a higher rev (different cam too?)
      so if you raced an auto I can see it no problem, but a 6 speed would be rough
      manuals have a different engine, 2 more ports than the autos. Auto's got the less powerfull engine because their auto's couldn't handle reving to 9000 rpms. car and driver and road and track each tested them at 14.5 - 14.6 @96

Or must have been that 237 horsepower and **** for tq in a car that weighs over 3000 pounds doesnt push it all that fast.
      They may not have much torque but they have 4.444 gears to make up for that, 0 - 60's in about 5.9 secs.

I test drove one last week, I'd say with a decent driver they could do low 14's stock, plus they were never meant for straight line, they will outhandle just about anything. I was gonna trade my GTP in on it, but I have to much negative equity in it (Damn GM and their resale killing rebates), and payments would have been sky high.
      </font>[/QUOTE]The auto's and manuals have the same engine. The reason for the difference was the stock tc couldn't handle the engine up to 9k, they were exploding. So they cut the rev limiter down to 7.5k, and since peak hp is above that, it was rated lower. They both run the Renesis in them though

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/disp...de=RX8#renesis
      2000 silver A4 Camaro<br />Whisper lid; Free Ram Air; BMR stb; MSD super conductor wires; Gatorback belt?<br />1986 RX-7 (daily driver)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X