Eclipse turbo burned not once not twice but three times - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eclipse turbo burned not once not twice but three times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eclipse turbo burned not once not twice but three times

First off let me say my girlfriend hates when I race people when she is in the car.
    So anyway we are coming back from a college film fest movie thing.
    I get stuck at a light, when a 97ish or 98ish eclipse pulls up next to me, I thought it was just a stock one at first. Checked it out it had rims, then looked inside and saw his a pillar gauges. Just about that time he revved it. Not to be out done I revved back louder.

Then light turns green, 1st run he just spun his tires really bad, I spun mine a bit too much too, not my best launch but better than his. BEat him by alot that time.

Next light, we both came to a stop and a second later the light turns, now after this light is a long straight before you hit another light. This launch I did pretty good and so did he. His bumper was at my drivers side door, but once I got into second I pulled on him, I was just under 90 when I shut down and hit the breaks and he was 2 or 3 cars back.

3rd light I ask if it's a stock turbo, he said yes. Light changes and we go at it again for 1 block and i was like 1 car ahead. Then the next lgiht was green but we were behind other cars. He asks "what you got in it" I say "just a litte 6"
    And we give each other the head nod as his lane starts going a bit faster.

His back bumper gets to my front bumper, and I was going to switch lanes and follow him when I look over my shoulder and see a cop. So I speed up just a bit to jump in front of the car on the other side of me, then signal right, and bust down a side street.

It's bad enough to get beat 3 times, but to get a ticket on top of that, ouch.

I hope the cop was gentle cause the guy didn't seem 1/2 bad. And his car wasn't ricy, it was very tastefully done from what I could see.

Originally posted by Nicklz:
    First off let me say my girlfriend hates when I race people when she is in the car.
    [img]graemlins/twak.gif[/img]
    -1999 Camaro Coupe 3800 Series II V6 A4 - SOLD<br />-1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP coupe

Comment

whats that supposed to mean?

Comment

It means risking the life of someone who doesn't want it risked his RETARDED. Besides, do you love this girl? is she important to you? what happens when you **** up and she gets hurt. I have no problem with racing, but I never would race with my GF in the car.
        1994 Pontiac Firebird 3.4L V6

Comment

Yeah I love her.
          And no she isn't scared for her life, she just thinks I'm going to get arrested. True I almost might have gotten a ticket or car impounded, etc.
          And if it had gotten to the point where we were having to dodge cars, no of coarse I wouldn't have done that with her in the car. I'm talking about a 5 lane one way street, where the only cars were behind us.

Comment

[img]graemlins/slap.gif[/img]

Comment

what do you all have done to your car??
              94 firebird, flowmaster 80, no cats, ZEX dry kit-SOLD!!!<br />1997 camaro SS- lots of mods, thrown rod at the moment,awaiting 383<br />1990 plymouth laser RS turbo-14.5@94<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.baycityrides.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.baycityrides.com</a>

Comment

I'm not really sure...
                I just bought it recently, I'm pretty sure it has an aftermarket exhaust, I haven't crawled under it to inspect it. Rims with 245/50/16front and 255/50/16rear. The thermostat I suspect is a 180degree that's where my needle stays all the time, unless this is normal stock. And possible something was done with the EGR, or it could just be malfunctioning there is a whole 'nother thread on that. Honestly I'd really like to know what is or isn't on the car, but I'm no mechanic and have no clue how to know for sure.

Comment

haha...yeah yeah...my gf is the same way...used to give her heart attacks racing (and beating ;) ) V8s on I-90 lol ...obviously love her more than my car...so after spending 3 nights in jail for my last stunt i gave up street racing for her and ONLY race at the track now...every once in a blue moon i'll give someone a go up to the speed limit if i think its worth it...not only is she home alone if i get hauled away...but i did not want to contribute to the growing statistics anymore...or more importantly make her one of them...besides...the people that know me know whats up ;)
                  <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X