soooooooo what can I take with my 3.4L? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

soooooooo what can I take with my 3.4L?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

must be a 3.8 thing then, my 3.4 and my butt o meter loves it
    .2 seconds for $0.20? How much did people pay for an intake to get that kind increase? $150? Got the slips to prove the time
    95 Firebird<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/673250\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/673250</a> <br /> <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y217/andrewbrandon19/\" target=\"_blank\">http://photobucket.com/albums/y217/andrewbrandon19/</a> <br /><br />me on a good day------&gt; <a href=\"http://communicatio.webblogg.se/images/wet_cat_113159625.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">linky</a>

Comment

Originally posted by andrew.brandon:
      .2 seconds for $0.20? How much did people pay for an intake to get that kind increase? $150? Got the slips to prove the time
      It must be....a LOT of 3.8 guys say they're crap. Actually, I think you're the first one that I've heard say anything good about it.

I know this is a "community" board and we're all friends here, but you keep that "butt-o-meter" to yourself. I'm not even gonna ask..... [img]graemlins/stickpoke.gif[/img]
      2000 3.8L Firebird, Silver Metallic<br /><br />\"Yes, London. You know, fish, chips, cup o\' tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary f***in\' Poppins, London!!\"

Comment

Originally posted by andrew.brandon:
        it helped my 3.4L in hot weather but average weather did nothing.

my 3.8L noticed no change. Maybe its a OBD1 speed density thing.

Comment

i put one in my 3.4 just for giggles to see what it would do, and i ran slower at the strip!!
          94 firebird, flowmaster 80, no cats, ZEX dry kit-SOLD!!!<br />1997 camaro SS- lots of mods, thrown rod at the moment,awaiting 383<br />1990 plymouth laser RS turbo-14.5@94<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.baycityrides.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.baycityrides.com</a>

Comment

Originally posted by MustangEater8251:
            Maybe its a OBD1 speed density thing.
            Thats what Im thinking.
            Jordan<br />15.09@90.7<br /><a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=21\" target=\"_blank\"><b>1995 Camaro 3.4 M5</b></a>

Comment

nothing 3.4's werent made to race

Comment

Beat neon's???

Not possible [img]tongue.gif[/img]

If it is an auto neon then yes.
                Manual with a good driver, maybe not.

I just have an iceman cold air kit and no powershifting and I run 15.7
                Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

If it is an auto 3.4 then yep.
                  Manual 3.4, well get ready to have the sexiness handed to you. :D
                  ---Niño---<br /><i>95\' silver 5 spd</i>

Comment

Originally posted by MustangEater8251:
                    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by andrew.brandon:
                    it helped my 3.4L in hot weather but average weather did nothing.

my 3.8L noticed no change. Maybe its a OBD1 speed density thing.
                    </font>[/QUOTE]That would be correct. You can fool the OBD1 setup with the resistor but the OBD2 setup uses other inputs to validate the incoming air temp. It does work in theory but only during warm weather. The little bit of extra fuel that you get out of it should not create .2 second gains, on average.

Comment

Originally posted by maxcamaro:
                      cavaliers
                      Ummm, think not... 15.6 here in a Savvy Cavvy. My 94' 3.4 wouldn't touch that.. :D
                      2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
                      1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
                      2011 Cadillac CTS-V
                      2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
                      2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Originally posted by Shirl:
                        </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by maxcamaro:
                        cavaliers
                        Ummm, think not... 15.6 here in a Savvy Cavvy. My 94' 3.4 wouldn't touch that.. :D </font>[/QUOTE]yeah but my old 3.4L woudl waste both your cavvy and James's sexxxy neon [img]smile.gif[/img]

So can't go by that [img]graemlins/naughty.gif[/img]

I wonder if my girlfriend has a lemon or something, best we coudl ever muster out of her 2.4L DOHC auto Cavvy was a 16.3.

It could possibly need a tuneup, it is a 2k, but only has ~24k miles on it.

Comment

Yes you can take a Neon but beware of the SRT-4. Those turbocharged suckers will leave you in the dust. I came in contact with one a few months ago not knowing it was a turbo and boy did I a surprise. The guy had white lettering on his rear bumper that said, "God Created Turbo Lag To Give V8s A Chance."

Comment

I have beaten cavys of course hondas,toyotas,and some mustangs. Once when i was driving real good i almost kept up with a mustang cobra!(but the only reason is that he grinded the gears going into second!)

I have a manual

but soon i hope i will have a 88 iroc 5.0 manual with a **** load of mods!
                            94 Firebird Formula<br />mods=Flowmasters (glass pack in place of cat), K&N cold air intake,hypertech tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by 1fstSS:
                              i put one in my 3.4 just for giggles to see what it would do, and i ran slower at the strip!!
                              I tried the one from SLP at the dyno and i lost 5 RWHP and 3 RWTQ

Comment

Originally posted by Shirl:
                                </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by maxcamaro:
                                cavaliers
                                Ummm, think not... 15.6 here in a Savvy Cavvy. My 94' 3.4 wouldn't touch that.. :D </font>[/QUOTE]as long as it isn't a z24 then cavaliers
                                Red 1998 Camaro 3.8<br />K&N and Home Depot<br />2 12\" JL W3v2 Subwoofers<br />-more audio stuff to come-

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X