My 3.8 vs. 94' Grand Prix GTP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 3.8 vs. 94' Grand Prix GTP

Alright, another buddy of mine has a GTP. We talked a little back and forth about our cars and i know the new GTP's are quick as a mother...but i didnt know about the older ones. So i was kinda like, so, hows that baby run. He responded with a simple, she sh*ts and gets.

Im pretty sure i can take him, if i remember correctly, they have something like 205-210 HP, but weigh more at least a few hundred pounds more.

What do you guys think, i think ill rape him, but....no experiences with GTP's before..

i think they have around 260 hp and about the same torque. he would win if you where stock.
    2002 NBM Pontiac Firebird Formula<br />Mods: stock...<br />1997 Chevy Camaro *Gone*<br />Mods:Borla,headers,Magnaflow cat, SLP intake, NOS 5175

Comment

A 94' model? No sc or turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by Silv6:
        i think they have around 260 hp and about the same torque. he would win if you where stock.
        umm the 97+ gtps only have 245hp, those 94's are a 3.4 dohc v6 with 210hp and run like 15.8-15.9 1/4, should be about even match
        Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

Originally posted by 97V6Camaro:
          supercharged 3.8 started in 97, from 91-96 the gtp was just a dohc 3.4, the only year the grand prix was a turbo was in 1990 when it had a 3.1 turbo but i think it was called something else. in 94 the gtp was jsut a name with some body moldings. Gtp was a 3.4 grand prix coupe, if you ordered a 3.4L sedan then it was a called a Gt so there wasnt anything special about a gtp.
          Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

my dad has one... tried to sell me it...

it is pretty peppy stock, does he have mods? I see it being decently even stock for stock, I'd race form a dig, because those cars seem to have plenty of power on a roll.

Comment

The pre 97s have LQ1 engines. The lowend sucks, but they are quick on the top. I had no problems with them when I ran mid 15s.

You will problably take him off the launch, and he MIGHT catch up at the top. You should end up with the win though.
              1999 Grand Prix GT<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.fishsgt.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fishsgt.com</a><br /><br />Best ET: 14.94@91.25MPH with a 2.2 60\"

Comment

He doesnt have any mods, but i do. I think stock for stock id beat him. I am not stock, and he still is, so i shouldnt have any problems i dont think. Im gonna take a friend with me just for kicks so i can have a picture of him giving me the loser-flyby [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by 97chevycamaro:
                  </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 97V6Camaro:
                  supercharged 3.8 started in 97, from 91-96 the gtp was just a dohc 3.4, the only year the grand prix was a turbo was in 1990 when it had a 3.1 turbo but i think it was called something else. in 94 the gtp was jsut a name with some body moldings. Gtp was a 3.4 grand prix coupe, if you ordered a 3.4L sedan then it was a called a Gt so there wasnt anything special about a gtp. </font>[/QUOTE]http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=6422

1989 GP turbo here. I wish I could buy that car, I would definitely drive from Tampa to chicago to get it. That is a beauty for being that old of a car.
                  -1999 Camaro Coupe 3800 Series II V6 A4 - SOLD<br />-1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP coupe

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X