2002 cavy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 cavy

my buddy has a 2002 cavy, manual, exhaust done and intake. we have ran a few times from a roll and he whips my a** but he wont take me from a stop. do you think ill take him from a light. im an A4 3.4L. Ive raced other cavys and beat them but for some reason i cant get him.

[img]graemlins/stickpoke.gif[/img]

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
    Or this

Is it a z24? If so its a 2.4 liter thats light and quick. It would be a very close race from a light
    Red 1998 Camaro 3.8<br />K&N and Home Depot<br />2 12\" JL W3v2 Subwoofers<br />-more audio stuff to come-

Comment

how bad does he walk u from a roll? And how fast of a roll?
      1994 Arctic White Camaro T-Tops(all options except leather)<br />80 Series Flowmaster Muffler<br />Ebay Cold Air Intake<br />Earthquake in the back known as a Kicker Solo Baric 15 L7<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sirshaun\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/sirshaun</a>

Comment

Honestly, I think he'll beat you from a dig as well. Its obviously a 2.2L DOHC at least, because no 2.2 OHV would walk him like that from a roll, those models are SLOW.

If he has the 2.4 DOHC Z24, 150hp @ 5600 RPM,155lb/ft @ 4400 RPM I think he'll take you from a stop. I've seen mildly modded ones like your buddies break into the high 15s at the track with a decent driver. Plus, he has quite a weight advantage over you.

Even a 2.2DOHC, which is 140hp/150lb-ft...I think would beat a 3.4 Auto, give a 5 speed a hard time.

[ August 03, 2004, 06:12 PM: Message edited by: Fredless ]
        -1999 Camaro Coupe 3800 Series II V6 A4 - SOLD<br />-1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP coupe

Comment

and you have a cam? wtf are you the worst driver ever? when you say "new cam", you mean "new stock cam"?

seriously tho, its a 3.4, they can be made peppy with nitrous or an aftermarket cam, but you are about the same kind of race class as a 2.4 cavy....

Comment

My girlfriends auto z24 with a 2.4L DOHC runs low 16s with bad launches...

I assume a 5-speed is high 15s easily.. so could be kind of rough if he has intake and exhaust.

now if its a 2.2L ohv That woudl really suck and you need to fix something in your car [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Just don't let those cavy guys from that other site see this, it might actually go to there heads again and start posting. [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
              Old 2003 gt, Pullies, k&n air filter, tb and spacer, off road xpipe, catback exhaust accufab plenum, volant cai. quadrant clutch, cable, firewall adjuster, predator programmer and 180 thermo with 255/40/17 nittos on the back

Comment

i dont have the cam yet. its a shame though because my buddy used to have a 93 camaro. It was pretty fast.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                Or this

Comment

With your mods, and even given his mods... it seems to me like you should have beenable to take him easily... I mean sure 3.4's got 160 HP + your mods, but should have quite a tourque advantage over a 4 Banger with 120 - 140 HP + mods... I could be wrong but thats just my oppinion... Has his car been dyno'd? what kind of numbers is he putting?
                  1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Comment

Originally posted by V6FirebirdPride:
                    Just don't let those cavy guys from that other site see this, it might actually go to there heads again and start posting. [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
                    o god i remember that
                    \"Well, we don\'t care how bad-*** some dude\'s N/A Honda S2000 motor is; if you go up against 900+ pushrod ponies and 750 pounds of earth-shaking torque with a wrong-wheel-drive econobox, you\'re gonna get a fast and furious old-school ***-whipping.\"

Comment

well hes pretty sneaky about what he does to his cars. His maro had a s*** load more done than what he told me. I didnt find out until after he got rid of it, that he did a bunch of other work on it.

Follow me!
                      Or this

Comment

thats the way it should be. sneaky sneaky
                        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Like I said before I dont hate Cavi's, as a matter of fact I like them. I used to have one right before I got the bird, and that was one TOUGH little car. I could see where a Z-24 could beat a 3.4.

How long has the 3.4 been out now? How many miles are on that tired little motor? Have you seen how friggin small that throttle body is on that car???? ( Inside joke between Stefan, Pathogen, and me. Its funny seeing a woman jump on and engine bay after that statement and start telling a car "Its ok, its not the size Hustler its how you use it!" ) [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

Go get your engine redone #1. The 3.4 is a touquey little motor, but has been out for how long???? And you probably have how many miles??? That engine has experianced a significant power loss, If you just get the engine pulled and the cyclinders honed out, that would make a night and day diffrance for shure. I would also suggest once the motor was out to go ahead and get some headers,a Super Six pack, and maybe new pistons (forged for that later use of spray/boost with dropped compression of course). All of that isnt a bad investment anyway. Your throttle response would be better than what it was off the show room at that point.

BTW not telling you this as an excuse for losing to a Cavi, more of a you want better preformance? That would be the best way to get it, well in my oppinion. [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]
                          97 T-top firebird Gone but not forgotten!<br />In process of Modding a 02 Grand Am<br /> \"Dont hunt what you cant kill!\" :&gt;

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X