my v6 smoked a v8 camaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my v6 smoked a v8 camaro

i have a v6 that runs 16.02.. When i went to the dragstrip and raced this automatic v8 camaro like a 1987-1992 he ran 18s and i smoked him.. Was his car messed up, it only had 80,000 miles on the motor.. Im pretty sure it was a 350.
    Mystic Teal Metallic
    ET:15.1 NA 14.3@96 MPH 75 Dry Shot

probably a poorly tuned 305 - I used to smoke 305s and come real close to 1989 350s until after 85mph [img]smile.gif[/img]

I easily keep up with modern mustang GTs to 70mph... you're fine [img]smile.gif[/img]
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

something was seriously wrong, or he had an LG4 or L03 motor.

LG4=carbed 305
      L03=TBI injected 305

No WAY a 305 TPI runs 18's. They're mid 15 second car stock. A friend of mine ran a 14.6 with his (1990 Formula) yesterday in 90 degree heat in FL...and its an automatic with a 4thgen 3.42 rear and stock converter...just MSD ignition and a fully siamesed setup with the fuel pressure turned up a bit.

18's is like a 2.8 thirdgen's time.
      -1999 Camaro Coupe 3800 Series II V6 A4 - SOLD<br />-1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Fredless:
        something was seriously wrong, or he had an LG4 or L03 motor.

LG4=carbed 305
        L03=TBI injected 305

No WAY a 305 TPI runs 18's. They're mid 15 second car stock. A friend of mine ran a 14.6 with his (1990 Formula) yesterday in 90 degree heat in FL...and its an automatic with a 4thgen 3.42 rear and stock converter...just MSD ignition and a fully siamesed setup with the fuel pressure turned up a bit.

18's is like a 2.8 thirdgen's time.
        HAHAHAHAHAHA. My friend had a black 1990 TBI 305 Formula, and my 4.3L TBI S-10 would beat him, and i only had like 160hp!

THey are SLOOOOOOOOOOOW.

Comment

they are slow. my friend has a 305 carbed and i just leave him where he is sitting. 350s come to the same faight.
          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

uhm. My 1991 Formula WS6 with full exhaust ran a 14.5? But then again that was on a freshly built 700R4 tranny ;)

Oh, it was a 305 TBI
            Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

Originally posted by Ian:
              HAHAHAHAHAHA. My friend had a black 1990 TBI 305 Formula, and my 4.3L TBI S-10 would beat him, and i only had like 160hp!

THey are SLOOOOOOOOOOOW.
              Yes they are, my
              92 RS used to have an L03 in it. 3000 dollar GMPP crate motor + stall converter fixed the slowness problem. :D

My friend has an LB9 in his formula though, 305 TPI.

I beat a 91-92 RS in the old 3.4 I used to have...the kid was shocked that a ricey sounding V6 kicked his ***.

AND 14.5 out of an L03??? He has to have head and cam work. I have YET to see someone break into the 14s with the L03 heads.

Teal99- I replied to your e-mail as soon as I got it. Did you have anymore questions?
              -1999 Camaro Coupe 3800 Series II V6 A4 - SOLD<br />-1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP coupe

Comment

Don't HAVE to have **** dude, the motors really wake up with the right upgrades. The big problem with the 305 engines after the early 70s was that the stock fuel system was lacking for even the stock motor and at WOT you'd run leaner than you think. Upgrade the pump and bam - you're doing a HELL of a lot better. Next thing on the 305 after the 70s was the stock exhaust which was stock 2 1/4" piping thru the single cat converter that snaked its way across the floorboards 'n ****. Mine? true-duals out a pair of flowmasters completely custom. Suspension? Stock WS6 on stock WS6 rims -- riding on nice Yokohama tires with a freshly built 700R4 tranny designed for sick *** launches and hard *** shifting.
                Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

my buddy had a 87 trans am and i destroyed him. i actually had to stop and wait a while for him to catch up. and soon as he caught up i whipped him again.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                  http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                  Or this

Comment

in 91 the 305 tpi and the 350 tpi ran the same exact times, just the 350 ran it like 2 mph faster, i have the camaro history book thing and its printed right in there, it was like a high 14 or a high 15 i forget off the top of my head, but i used to own a 89 RS 305 tbi, and that thing would probably only run a 17 or 18!! it was a slug.
                    94 firebird, flowmaster 80, no cats, ZEX dry kit-SOLD!!!<br />1997 camaro SS- lots of mods, thrown rod at the moment,awaiting 383<br />1990 plymouth laser RS turbo-14.5@94<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.baycityrides.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.baycityrides.com</a>

Comment

I think what everyone here means is that a poor maintained 305 or 350 from a third gen car is a slug. A well maintained and modded one will run 14-15s

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X