Integra GSR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Integra GSR

i lost to a GSR Integra yesterday. we raced from a stoplight and i pulled pretty good on him off the line and held it till about 50 but after that he blew by. We pulled over and i talked to him afterwards and he said it had intake, exhaust and a chip. So in my opinion he def should of beat me. Right? Cant those things beat us stock for stock?
    1997 Camaro<br />17x9 Chrome SS wheels, SLP CAI, Magnaflow Catback,<br />High Flow Cat, Blacked out Lights, 20% tint, AUDIO: 1600W Kenwood eXcelon Amp, 12\" Kicker L7, 1 Farad Cap (Recently STOLEN),<br />H&R Springs and KYB AGX\'s,<br />Billet Grille

stock vs stock I don't think they're supposed to beat a 3.8 ...
    <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

All I know is they don't beat me. *shrug*
      00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

Same thing happened to me...except I went from a 40mph roll with this modded one (i'm sure I/E). I got a jump on him and around 55, he just reeled me in and walked on me. That was before my 2800 stall converter was put in, but I'm sure he'd still walk me with my 3.08s.
        -1999 Camaro Coupe 3800 Series II V6 A4 - SOLD<br />-1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP coupe

Comment

yea becuase once they get going those v-tec controllers kick in.
          1997 Camaro<br />17x9 Chrome SS wheels, SLP CAI, Magnaflow Catback,<br />High Flow Cat, Blacked out Lights, 20% tint, AUDIO: 1600W Kenwood eXcelon Amp, 12\" Kicker L7, 1 Farad Cap (Recently STOLEN),<br />H&R Springs and KYB AGX\'s,<br />Billet Grille

Comment

vtec is highly overrated...its not like a horsepower boost or anything like that, thats what people dont understand...gsr's are rated at 170hp stock, so thats what they have WITH THE VTEC...and they have NO torque, hondas are famous for lack of torque. You should have beat him, although if you have an automatic it may be harder, but yes, stock for stock they are pretty close considering the weight difference and such...but stock for stock, 3.8 owns

Comment

Yes those engines have no torque, I saw some import mag where teams built N/A B16 engines.
              Most of them made around 240hp and about 175 ft/lb @9000 rpm.
              That's nothing, realy.
              I love gobes of torque, and a mean cam.
              vtec is old, eletronicly varible valve timing used by chevy and ford is in.
              \'85 Z28, T-tops new LG4 and TH700<br />\'85 3.4L 5-speed<br />mods: <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/oil_pan_4\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/oil_pan_4</a> the nitrous exhaust O2 safety, pg 3. <br />Areo space materal engineer wantabe

Comment

They can beat me if we both stay on the gas for about 5 minutes. I'll top out and eventually they will come flying by me.
                00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

2 words: Bench Racers

GSR Integras, you guys are forgetting, are all 5 speeds and weigh CONSIDERABLY less than we do. ~2800lbs.... PLUS they rev MUCH higher than we do. I believe they redline at 8200rpms....
                  Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

Who cares? torque still disappears at 5200 ;)

Once again the only time those should be able to catch you is if you hit your speed limiter. Them reving higher and the 4valve engines only mean it takes them even longer to find some simblence of a powerband.

Comment

Once again, bench racer. You keep talking "numbers" but you've probably never raced a REAL GSR Integra.. They can definately compete with a V6 F-Body... 3.4, 3.8, 5spd or A4... Sure, we murder em off the line, but their gearing and top end power completely murders us. Only way to beat them is straight out of the hole...

Edit: Oh, and that higher redline only means they have much more room to play in their higher gears than we do - meaning better acceleration.. :rolleyes:
                      Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

Playing in gearing that doesn't make horsepower worth a damn still doesn't mean anything. To my knowledge yes I have raced a REAL GSR Integra. Friend of mine had one in highschool. He didn't catch me untill I hit my top speed limiter and even then it was about 2-3 miles down the road after I had slowed down. Of course when he did pass me I sped back up to the speed limiter and he went flying by me like I was at a stop light.

Comment

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. mmhmmm.. I'm going to have to whip out the ol [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] on this one.. *stretch*

Comment

In a 3.8L speedlimiter removed, it would be an interesting race (stock/stock) but i think that the GSR would come out on top in the end.

Now when you start changing things, that will vary greatly.
                            2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SE D20 M5 - Modified ;) <a href=\"http://www.knightenmotorsports.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.knightenmotorsports.com</a> <br />[ U R L = h t t p : / / w w w . g e o c i t i e s . c o m / h e a r t l a n d _ h e a t _ v 6 ] Heartland Heat V6 [ / U R L ]

Comment

GSR = Slow....end of story.....i kno im basicly stock but i tore one up the other day.....he claims intake and exhaust.....but i dunno....seemed just a lil faster than a new si civic
                              ---

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X