3.4 odds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.4 odds?

one of my coworkers has a 3.4 stickshift.

now what are the odds if the car is stock...i know its not stock, he got exhaust, intake and i THINK headers...now whats my odd against his car if it was STOCK..

stock 3.4 M5 vs stock 3.8 A4

lightly moded 3.4 M5 Vs stock 3.8 A4

ive been wanting to race this guy but hes response lets do some Donuts and figure 8s [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img] lol
    \"Aren\'t you a little short for a stormtrooper?\" <br />~~Star Wars<br /><a href=\"http://Community.webshots.com/user/orangebird01\" target=\"_blank\">Orange Bird01 </a>

Does he has 3.42s and LSD?
    if he does:

stock 3.4 M5 vs stock 3.8 A4 -&gt; 3.8 wins hands down.

lightly modded 3.4 M5 vs stock 3.8 A4 will be a lot closer. My lightly modded 3.4 A4 stayed within a car or two to my friends stock 3.8 M5 (w/ 3.42s). I've since done more stuff... but it might be close. Auto tranny robs like 15-20 horse from the 3.4.
    <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

most autos have final drive gearing more in the range of 2.73 or 3.08. manuals generally have at least 3.23 wich makes for faster acceleration from the manuals
      2001 arctic white M5 Camaro<br />↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → b a start

Comment

Yeah but its not as much of a slushbox as the T5 and built right it owns hands down ;) 4L60E that is.
        Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

I have raced a few 3.8's when i was kinda stock..
          Lost both races by a car..
          Both autos too..
          New:04 GMC Sierra 1500 RCLB 4x4 5.3 GU80 3.73\'s.<br />Truck pics<br />Mods<br />Go fast: Panel K&N filter and soon SS truck catback.<br />Appearance: Stull Billet grill,Weston Chrome step tubes,Rhino Chrome hitch step,ARE painted fiberglass cover,Silver star lighting.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsaroth:
            most autos have final drive gearing more in the range of 2.73 or 3.08. manuals generally have at least 3.23 wich makes for faster acceleration from the manuals
            accually, pretty much all 3.4s came with 3.23s,
            and the 3.8s had 3.08 to 3.42, im not sure about the manuals, but i think that they all had 3.23
            Fighting Texas Aggie class of 2008<br />black 3.4 T-top bird<br />- K&N CAI - magnaflo catback - slect coils - catco cat - tb coolant bypass

Comment

Depends on your gearing. If you have a manual with 3.42s and you're a decent driver then I'd give you the win hands down. If you have an auto with 3.08s and he has lower gearing it will be a toss-up. 3.08s really keep the 3.8L down.
              -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

In ALL honesty. Of all the 3.8's I have run... I have only gotten beaten once. And that was by ross. (Hawgs) On this board. Dont look down on them. I am also a pretty decent driver.
                Jordan<br />15.09@90.7<br /><a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=21\" target=\"_blank\"><b>1995 Camaro 3.4 M5</b></a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X