Chances against this modded GT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chances against this modded GT?

A kid i know who used to have a 96 3.8 firebird got a new car a few months ago. He got a 97 stang GT. It has and ugly *** two-tone purple and white paint job. Anyways, the only mods he has done is 4.10 gears and and exhaust w/!CAT.
    Its also a M5. Hes not that good on the stick yet. He was tellin me before how he raced a SS and he got it off the line and was winning until around 80 and the SS pulled 2 cars :rolleyes:
    Mods i have are !air silencer and SLP CAI. My TSP and high flo cat should be on in 2 weeks. He says he can smoke me. . . do i have a chance?
    And i dont kno if this belongs in the Kill Section or not, but if it does please move it.
    \"Well, we don\'t care how bad-*** some dude\'s N/A Honda S2000 motor is; if you go up against 900+ pushrod ponies and 750 pounds of earth-shaking torque with a wrong-wheel-drive econobox, you\'re gonna get a fast and furious old-school ***-whipping.\"

Moving to Kill Stories.
    www.RedLineVSix.com || 1996 Camaro, 15.159@92.5mph

Comment

I saw a stock 96 mustang GT go 14.7 with a 5 speed. With gears and exhaust, he is looking at mid 14's, then again he cant drive. Either way, I'd say he'll beat you.
      2001 Black Z28 M6<br />Sprayed, slotted, geared and more~

Comment

With 4.10's going from a stop is going to be ugly.
        Shawn<br />2002 Silver W68 Firebird

Comment

97 GT.. with 4.10s you say? And exhaust w/o cats? So that means he's running an off-road x-pipe I bet. Freeing up the exhaust on the 4.6 is a wise thing to do that yields quite a bit of power for just exhaust work when compared to other cars doing the same... The 4.10 gears are what will help him the most. IF he rides the car right up in to redline before he shifts he will easilly have a low 14 second car. IF he does it right..
          Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

I don't know if you will win, but if he can't drive could be a funny race. Either he will pull hard off the line, or he will sit there in a cloud of smoke. Plus with the exhaust he has done he will have a little better top end. Just remember, anybody can win. If you win i would say enjoy beating him since he does have that nice advantage over you. If you lose brush it off your shoulder and go on. Just have fun with it and enjoy the race.

Oh yeah, if you can video tape it. I would like to see it. hehehehe
            Old 2003 gt, Pullies, k&n air filter, tb and spacer, off road xpipe, catback exhaust accufab plenum, volant cai. quadrant clutch, cable, firewall adjuster, predator programmer and 180 thermo with 255/40/17 nittos on the back

Comment

I would say car vs car w/ equal drivers he'd win. but since you say he hasnt gotten the hang of manual yet, you might have a chance, depends on how bad he really is
              RedlineVSix

Comment

with 4.10s he's got you off the line unless he blows off the tires. if he nails each shift right he'll beat you. if not well it's still a toss up
                1968 Camaro SS 509 BB M4<br />1970 Mustang Mach 1 351W M4<br />1985 Mustang GT 302 M5<p>Me: Scratch your chin for me.<br />Jepe: $@&% you<p>dstrbdv6: if you live past forty i\'ll start going to church again

Comment

Just dont bet any money on it.
                  2003 Nissan 350Z Touring Coupe, Daytona Blue, Frost leather interior, navigation, 18 inch wheels, M6, fully loaded, intake, crank pulley.<br /><br />Previous cars:<br />1991 Mustang (347)<br />2002 RS Camaro<br />1985 IROC-Z (305)<br />1994 Camaro convertible V6

Comment

just race and tell results
                    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

i've beaten a few modded GT's like that. The best mod for them away from stock i've heard also is the exhaust. keep us informed
                      2000 Grand Prix GTP- Bronzemist Metallic: K&N Fenderwell Intake,3.4\" Thrasher Pulley, v1.0 DHP PCM, 3\" Mandrel Bent DP,Ubend Delete,Dynomax SuperTurbos, 180* Thermostat.<br />Soon to come: ZZP SSIntercooler or N20 or both:)

Comment

I think you might have a chance.
                        The way I see it, if he can't drive a stick yet it's going to be awefully hard to not spin with those 4.10s AND shift right. I bet he bounces it off the rev limiter in more than one gear [img]smile.gif[/img] It's gotta be hard for a newb to shift at the right time in a manual with 4.10s heh.
                        <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

blah.. he'll smoke u
                          ~The Guru\'s Guru~<br />1999 Camaro,K&N,!MAF<br />!airsilencer,3.08s,<br />NGK-TR6\'s,Taylor Blue 8mm wires,FRAM,A4,Catco Cat, Magnaflow 3 inch catback,transgo shift kit<br />Waiting: RK sport headers, custom y pipe electric cutout<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc</a>

Comment

Originally posted by KBeezy:
                            97 GT.. with 4.10s you say? And exhaust w/o cats? So that means he's running an off-road x-pipe I bet. Freeing up the exhaust on the 4.6 is a wise thing to do that yields quite a bit of power for just exhaust work when compared to other cars doing the same... The 4.10 gears are what will help him the most. IF he rides the car right up in to redline before he shifts he will easilly have a low 14 second car. IF he does it right..
                            What the hell are you talking about.. Its a 97 GT.. 215hp.. They are low 15.2-15.0 stock.. with 4.10's and exaust he is running 14.9@ 93-94mph.

What makes you say its a off road X pipe?? It could be a Prochamber, or a off H-pipe.. He aint going to gain $hit from the exaust because he has none PI heads and a $hitty intake with none pi cams.. IF it was a 99 or above He would gain some good power from exaust..

I bet you will wax him.. Those things are the worst years 96-97 for the 4.6.. Its a turd.. Dont miss a gear and try not to spin off the line and you got him..
                            Jeff ..
                            1998 Firebird.. Built 3.8 with a 125 shot.. 370rwhp,415rwtq.. stock tune!! sold

2002 WS6 T/A.. Bolt ins..448rwhp
                            2009 G8 GT.. Vararam intake, GXP axleback
                            1998 Corvette.. Vararam intake, Ti axleback
                            http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6

Comment

A 1997 GT has 215 hp.. They run low 15's stock.. How is it that kamarozrule will not have a chance..
                              Jeff ..
                              1998 Firebird.. Built 3.8 with a 125 shot.. 370rwhp,415rwtq.. stock tune!! sold

2002 WS6 T/A.. Bolt ins..448rwhp
                              2009 G8 GT.. Vararam intake, GXP axleback
                              1998 Corvette.. Vararam intake, Ti axleback
                              http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X