New guy with a weird problem on my 2000 camaro - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New guy with a weird problem on my 2000 camaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy with a weird problem on my 2000 camaro

Hi guys, I’ve been sneaking around on here and finally registered. I am hoping you guys can help me with a little problem with my daughters car. She has a 2000 Base convertible. The little 3800 runs great, as long as you drive straight or turn right. If you turn the steering wheel left the car will sputter or die. You straighten the steering wheel and you can crank it right back and as long as it’s not turned left it will run all day! Since this started I have checked all the wiring I can find that’s not in a loom, I made sure the battery isn’t moving around, I replaced the turn signal switch under the steering wheel and and the wiring harness that is attached to it. It will do it moving or sitting still. Crazy right? All I can think of is some type of electrical module or I have a wiring problem somewhere. I have been wondering about the airbag clock spring, but didn’t know if that could cause this issue or not. Any ideas?

Definitely weird, I don’t think the air bag would cause the issue Awhile back on another forum I read something similar. I’m not sure if they found the problem. I would think it would be something in the wiring. Only thing I have experienced is I had a shift light and wired it off the PCM and when the shift light came on the car would die. Wired it off the cam sensor and it was fine. I think it was the 3x reference wire. You could get a Haynes manual, they have the wiring diagram in the back. See if the wire runs to the steering wheel and go from there.Looking up the 3x reference wire goes to the cam and crank sensor. Might want to check your engine wiring too.
    Last edited by ssms5411; 10-25-2023, 08:20 PM.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

A bit of an 'out there' thought here, but, have you checked your fuel lines (any rubber ones) for any signs if pinching? Like I said, a bit random...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
        Hello everyone!
        by Andy H
        Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
        4 weeks ago
      • 3.4 slow to go
        hey there strangers!
        by 3.4 slow to go
        been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
        4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X