new/rebuilt 3.4 L32

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new/rebuilt 3.4 L32

i need an engine replacement for my 1994 firebird. know where i can find the 3.4 v6 new or rebuilt?

Re: new/rebuilt 3.4 L32

Originally posted by surfinyahoodi View Post
    i need an engine replacement for my 1994 firebird. know where i can find the 3.4 v6 new or rebuilt?
    sounds like a good time to drop in a v8 :banana:

Comment

I bought a new one from pace performance in PA. but that's a little far from you.
      Don't bother with a rebuild you can get a new one for under $2000. With a rebuilt you never know what you're gonna get. Gump!

Comment

do you know where i would be able to find a new engine here in cali? i contacted pontiac and they dont seem to be of much help

Comment

rebuild yours. what happend to it?
          Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

i have no clue whats wrong with it. not all the cylinders are firing and there seems to be a major valve problem. there might also be a gasket leak. but i had a compression check and all the cylinders checked out fine. it backfires a lot too, and has trouble getting up to speed, so i dont drive it anymore

Comment

First thing to do: Check your catylitic conveter. If it plugs, your car will act just like you describe. Imagine spending 2 big ones on an engine and it still runs like before....
              Next, if that's not the problem, spend a few $$ and have the computer scanned for any problem codes. Check engine light on? If it is, go there next.
              I have a 3.4 L32 with 214,000 miles in an S 10 Chevy that runs the 1/4 in the high 15s with a 5 speed. It runs SUPER. Uses ZERO oil. I've seen these engines go for a long time with good maintenance. I guess what I'm trying to say is don't replace the engine without knowing what is wrong first.

Since your car doesn't have a distributor, you will need to have the scan. There are 2 pick ups for ignition, one is at the cam gear, the other is at the crank. This may be another source for your problem. If I remember correctly, the engine will run with a bad cam sensor, but it will run like poo. I am pretty sure that the crank sensor has to be good for the engine to run at all.
              One other stupid suggestion - check your air filter and fuel filter! I've seen cars with totally plugged filters that run, but not well. The computer tries to compensate for the lack of air or fuel, and starves the engine.
              If you have good compression and good oil pressure and it doesn't burn oil, replacing your engine isn't going to solve your problem. It will however, empty your wallet real quick like. :naughty:

Comment

Wow I never would have thought of any of those suggestions. I'm not too savvy when it comes to engines, so I really appreciate the advice. But the check engine light is not on, and the problems seemed to appear overnight. I'm thinking a diagnostic check from the dealer would be a good idea, assuming I get that done before Pontiac gets dumped by GM. At any rate, thanks again for the advice and I'll check all these things out.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X