cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cat

need a new catalytic converter for a 98 v6 camaro. its making my check engine light come on, so Im gunna replace it.
    a high flow aftermarket one would be nice, but I really just need one that wont throw me cat efficency codes all day long. I dont want to spend much, but let me know what you got

also. I would need a weekish before I can pay because Im waiting for my refund to come back first.

thanks

Re: cat

there is normally a reason why the Cat made the light come on, oil leaking ito exhaust, water, something has to be clogging it, might want to check into it. course it could also be an O2 setting it off
    MISC: 01 parts. Some interior, T top kit, seats etc.
    http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=95347

Comment

yeah i know what could be making it go off and the only one that is kinda possible is oil leaking into exhaust because there is a small oil leak (barely) but last time I was able to put the car up, I didnt see anything (but I didnt look too far into that). the other things are a large vacuum leak or engine misfire. and I dont have either of those.

I had a guy at work scan it and asked him what he recommended and one thing he said is to move the o2 sensor that comes right before the cat to after the cat. any ideas on how I would do that?

Comment

you would have to get a dog and weld it in after the cat. they are pretty cheap at a parts store, but moving it after the cat would throw false readings I would think, but Im not a mechanic.. figure there is a reason its there. its to let you know when something is going on so the cat doesnt go out.. but who knows. you'll also need an O2 wire extender which you can find cheap on ebay

Comment

yeah i dont tihnk im going to move the o2 sensor. I dont care enough to go through the hassle. would a new cat make the light go out? and would it just go out for a little bit until this one gets clogged for whatever reason like the one i have?

Comment

could be clogged because its clogged. I have no idea. I know they just dont go out that easy.. and your car being a 98, who k nows. I have a 97 and I had a coolant leak into my intake.. it clogged my cat. but Until I get this motor, im not replacing it, and my light came on about a month ago, and its a 97.. so it could just be clogged up.. I would contact an exhaust tech and ask them... they wouldnt do you wrong. ahaha or I could be wrong! lol

Comment

i got mine off a 00 bird 3.8 30$ plus shipping if you want

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X