Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB 98+ Manual Firebird

Hey guys,

I'm in the market for a manual transmission V6 98+ firebird. Black is my preference, but I'll consider most colors. T-Tops are a must. Leather is a huge plus.

I'd love it if I found one that is exactly the same as my old car, which pretty much is what I described above.

The higher the mileage the better, although low mileage has its perks too! I am also ok with one that needs repairs, as long as the paint is good, or the price is low enough to pay for paint.

Best way to reach me is through email at firebirdv6@josephreilly.org. I'll consider a 93-97 only if it is black and cheap enough to be worth converting to a 98+ front clip (and has a 3.8L).

I'm in no hurry, so I figured I'd just post this up. If you come across this a few months after I posted it, email me anyway, as I'll be sure to edit it when I buy one. Also, since I'm in no hurry, don't be offended if I decide not to buy yours if it isn't a perfect fit. I'm trying to take my time and find a car I really like.
    Last edited by Riles_2; 03-01-2007, 03:03 PM.

Re: WTB 98+ Manual Firebird

Lol, I was just doing a search and apparently I made the same post about 3 years ago. Obviously nothing came of it, unfortunately.

I've been building a V8 1988 Camaro, but I realized that my firebird was faster and had 2 fewer cylinders. Also, my camaro gets like 4 mpg, haha.

I just want a daily driver that I can race, instead of a track only car.

Comment

i have one still for sale check out

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=74809

or

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...4&aff=national
      2000 M5 Blue/Green Chameleon

Comment

Man, I wish you were a bit closer. I'd be willing to go far away, but I want to drive it home (hate auto shippers), and I want it to be within one day's drive.

Thanks for the offer!

Comment

no problem. If you change your mind let me know.
          2000 M5 Blue/Green Chameleon

Comment

After looking through the for sale ads, I'll also consider pre-98 camaros with a 3.8. I guess I forgot how good they look as well!

I'll probably also consider v8's as well, although I prefer the six. As for right now, I'll have to say nothing under $8,000, although that could change in a few weeks since I'm trying to sell my kit car.

I'm getting rid of it because insurance in this country sucks, and you aren't allowed to insure a kit car if you're under 26. What a waste of 4 months of my life!

In case anybody here is interested, .
            Last edited by Riles_2; 05-17-2007, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Not sure about the bump rules in this forum, but I imagine once every 2 months isn't annoying anybody, so....

bump!

I'm still looking for 98+ firebirds or 96-97 camaros. Reminder: Must be stick!

Also, I realized that it also must have t-tops. I think these are pretty much my only criteria. If you happen to find my original car for sale somewhere, I'll throw in a $1,000 finders fee, (but I really will!)

Comment

what's the VIN on your original car? I can look it up where it's located. Shoot, I may even be able to get the owner's phone number for you :)
                Car expresses who you are. If you have a ****ty car, you must be a ****ty person;)<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979</a>

Comment

I'll have to see if I can find it again. I had a carfax report run on it a while back to try to find it, but then I got stopped because the DMV wouldn't release the owner's info.

Comment

Originally posted by Riles_2
                    Man, I wish you were a bit closer. I'd be willing to go far away, but I want to drive it home (hate auto shippers), and I want it to be within one day's drive.

Thanks for the offer!
                    AZ cars usually feature no rust, but faded paint. Pretty car...

BTW, did you really start that kit without 1st checking costs incl insurance?

Comment

Well, I checked out the costs of insurance, but I just assumed that it was like regular insurance in that it was available to anybody.

So, monetarily I was prepared, but I was entering in to a whole new ballgame when it came to rules and regs.

I still have it, and still work on it. In fact, there is a good chance that I will have it for a long time. I'm actually converting it to a manual transmission this week so that its more fun to drive.

On that note about AZ cars... I know! I just wish I lived closer. After dealing with shipping my kit car, its just something I never want to go through again.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X