cross over turbo manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cross over turbo manifold

i was wondering if anyone knew of anybody that has or knows somebody that makes a crossover manifold for a 98 bird which i could run a T4 off of. I been thinking of custom making it but would rather not if i do not have to. Thanks

Start grinding and welding my friend....
    1994 Camaro: Firebird Interior, 3.4L to 3800 converted, OBD2 converted, A4 to M5 converted...In the turbo retirement home...<br /><br />1994 Mustang GT: 347 Forged Stroker, Port Matched Edelbrock Heads and Intakes, Tremec 3550 T-5, Spec Stage 2

Comment

would it be a whole lot simpler to run a twin turbo setup with smaller turbos, like T25's or something?

Comment

I think one person on this board was trying their luck at a twin turbo setup. We've all agreed its pretty much useless and pointless to go twin. You now need to have double of everything, in space barely enough for one of everything with power gains that are not very noticeable. Look at guys with Supras and RX7's, they all switch to one big turbo when they wanna make power. I'd say just replicate tiagos kit using your stock manifolds and a chopped up y-pipe coming forward under the crossmember on one side and then the downpipe under the other side. It's not too bad if you have any welding skill at all. I made my own manifolds/headers, y-pipe and downpipe with a few weeks worth the work and not a HUGE amount of prior welding/fabbing experience.
        ~Tom
        1994 Camaro: Firebird Interior, 3.4L to 3800 converted, OBD2 converted, A4 to M5 converted...In the turbo retirement home...<br /><br />1994 Mustang GT: 347 Forged Stroker, Port Matched Edelbrock Heads and Intakes, Tremec 3550 T-5, Spec Stage 2

Comment

Did you cut and weld your stock manifolds to work, Tom? I havent paid attention to the kind of metal they are. And what kind of filler did you use to weld with?

Comment

I didn't use the stock manifolds. I made my own manifolds from mild steel plates from a metal shop and an extra set of headers from my old camaro. I don't really know what you mean by fillers, but I just mig welded everything.

Comment

I just pulled my stuff off my car. If you want, gimme $100 plus shipping and I'll send you the manifolds and y-pipe. Can't promise they'll be the most efficient, but they'll do the trick. You have to run a scavenge pump with this setup though, it mounts the turbo low so you need to push the oil back to the pan. Let me know.
              ~Tom

Comment

definatly interested! emailed you.

Comment

oh yeah one more question. Why did you take your stuff off?

Comment

emailed you...turbo needed a rebuild, now its my daily driver so i could sell the eclipse and buy my friends mustang gt 347 stroker..blah blah blah....
                    ~Tom

Comment

hey tom,
                      Im gunna go ahead and buy the manifolds and y-pipe from you but im gunna see if i can reposition the turbo so i will not have to use a pump. Do you know how much the shipping to Tulsa, OK is? Let me know and also whats the easiest way to transfer the money for you. Thanks! John

Comment

did you guys ever complete this sale. those manifolds are tempting.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                        Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

I'm cleaning out the garage as we...uh...speak?....lol. I'll hopefully get them out this week at no charge. Hope they work for you john.
                          ~Tom

Comment

I might be in need of these as well. I have a 2001 Bird w/pace setter headers....hard to modify for the FFF turbo kit?
                            Slick - US Military - overseas. <br />\'01 Pewter Firebird \'Vert<br />SLP CAI, MSD coils/cables, Whisper lid, Pacesetter Headers, Borla 3\", Catco 3\" cat, K&N filter, Intense Racing PCM, Lakewood LCAs,180 TBI--&gt; BMR PHR, ZT LSD, Motive 3.42s, FFF Turbo

Comment

98firebirdcruisin is gonna get these, and you'd have to lay me over a bed of nails and stand on me before you'd get me to make another set for you....lol. These were a ***** to make. I'd just work with your pacesetters and replicate the FFF design.
                              ~Tom

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X