WTB: 1998-2000 Camaros and Firebirds - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTB: 1998-2000 Camaros and Firebirds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: 1998-2000 Camaros and Firebirds

That's right...we're buying 1998-2000 Firebirds or Camaros, V6, 5 speed, no T top models only for conversion to SCCA SSB race cars so trashed interior and minor body damage is OK...location no problem; we pay shipping...what do you have? Thanks, Richard

No 96 Autos ? :(

Comment

damn...too bad u dont want t-tops or my car would be urs. u sure u dont want t-tops??
      take the tops off while racing! ;)
      ----------------<br />1998 Camaro 3800 Series II, 5 SPD.<br />MODS: C5 Rims, Flowmaster Exhaust, Sony Xplode MP3 Deck and 2 10\" . Soon to be sprayed :)

Comment

Actually it's a question of chassis rigidity...the T tops compromise it and even with the roll cage it isn't the prefered setup...thanks, rp

Comment

I have a 99 with 40k, pay off the remainder of loan. 5 speed hard top.
          Geaux Tigers

Comment

That's the year and model I'm looking for...email me details at : nostalgiabooks@hotmail.com or call me at work: 831-622-9024 m-f 10-4 pacific time..richard

Comment

If you can tell me the max you want to pay, I can let you know whether or not you'd want to deal. I'm not looking to earn money,and I have to find out from my bank exactly how much I have left. The car is in great shape and well taken care of and is under a two year extended warranty. Just ball park me a figure b/4 I call my bank and I can give you a quick response one way or the other. Thanks.
              Geaux Tigers

Comment

I have a 2000 camaro m5 80,000 miles
                2000 Camaro M5. Nitrous express wet shot. Flowmaster cat back. K&N 63-1084 intake.

Comment

Guys, you have to email me privately or use the phone...I don't do business on the bulletin boards...thanks, Richard

Comment

Originally posted by carmelcarswholesale:
                    Guys, you have to email me privately or use the phone...I don't do business on the bulletin boards...thanks, Richard
                    And he's a very nice guy, don't be afraid! :D

Comment

Honestly the rigidty between a Hardtop and a T-top car is VERY negligible. 4th gens were built WAY differnet then 3rd gens which really gave T-top cars the bum rap fro chassis rigidness.
                      -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Actually, we've found it makes a lot of difference in the road racing we do with the cars; for the street I doubt it makes any difference. By the way...our driver Nick Littleton ran the #27 Camaro V6 at the SCCA Nationals at Thunderhill Raceway this weekend and ended up qualifying on the pole and ended up a close second in the race. These cars handle and brake extremely well.

Comment

Yeha I agree, 4th gens especially the 99+ are pretty nice, with tubular manifolds and the 98+ brakes.

I know it seems that they are "much sturdier" but I have converted a car to t-tops. All 4th gens are T-top cars from the factory, they just add some flimsy not too strong metal. I am talking about FLIMSY metal. And to top it off its only spot welded not a solid bead. As for the roof piece, that composite crap is, flimsier then a piece of posterboard.

I autocross as well and granted I don't have race tires just big street tires(which will make a difference on testing chassis flex) I have noticed no difference at all.

Just offering some advice, alot of old school racers always bring up stuff that is "fact" but really isn't.

Things like...
                          -unhooking your belt makes you slower since you heat up quicker, and don't run enough power with no alternator to run the ignition
                          -unhooking the I-pipe in the exhaust, gives up too much backpressure, and will make a v6 slower
                          -unhooking the intake offers too much turbulence, and will slow you down.

Well all the things that "slow" me down, made me 0.8 seconds faster in the 1/4
                          -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

sent you mail.
                            98 Firebird. See it here: <a href=\"http://www.burnoutbrigade.com/BBchrisb.htm\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.burnoutbrigade.com/BBchrisb.htm</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X