Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.73 gears

just like the title says...
    Stephen Cruikshank<br /><br />Selling some stuff so all I have left is the FRA, !MAF Screen, whisper lid, Holley PowerShot, 3\" catback, and 160* thermo on the car<br /><br />I Practice Street S.M.A.R.T.S. - do you?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...481325456&rd=1
    96 3.8 red camaro. <br />headers,cam,valve springs,retainers,auburn lsd,3.73 gears,SLP cold air,accel coils,24lb injectors,8mm plug wires,air temp module,LT1 diveshaft,removed a/c,edelbrock torque arm,spohn LCA\'s and PHR

Comment

I have 3.23's, is that a 3 series?
      Stephen Cruikshank<br /><br />Selling some stuff so all I have left is the FRA, !MAF Screen, whisper lid, Holley PowerShot, 3\" catback, and 160* thermo on the car<br /><br />I Practice Street S.M.A.R.T.S. - do you?

Comment

yes 3.23and up is series 3. 3.08 and down is series 2
        96 3.8 red camaro. <br />headers,cam,valve springs,retainers,auburn lsd,3.73 gears,SLP cold air,accel coils,24lb injectors,8mm plug wires,air temp module,LT1 diveshaft,removed a/c,edelbrock torque arm,spohn LCA\'s and PHR

Comment

Ok...would you be willing to take them off of ebay to sell them to me? If so, how much?

Comment

they aren't mine, i was just showing you where some were. but regardless, you cant stop an auction once it started. go to ebay and do a search for 3.73 gears. you will be surprised at how many sets you will find.you could get them cheap, just be careful. try not to get used ones. typically shops dont like to install used gears because they already have a wear pattern. or, you could go to jegs. this is the part number you want.

836-49-0046-1. I recommend you get the install kit before you take it in because the shop will overcharge you for one if you dont already have it.

good luck though.

Comment

THANKS! So, all I need is the ring and pinion, or is there n e thing else?

Comment

The link you gave me was the only one on e-bay for the 7.5" 10 bolt rear end...

Comment

the ones from jegs are $194. if you cant find any new ones cheaper, i would just take that route. you will need the ring and pinion, and the install kit. do you already have Lsd???

Comment

Yes, I already have LSD

Comment

cancel that...I don't have LSD, dunno what I was thinking

Comment

I would suggest the torsen differential as they will never wear out. (No clutches.) Auburn is good too though.

Comment

preciate the advice!

Comment

;)

Comment

check out www.gearsrus.com They sell motive gears brand new for 149.99 ..
                              Jeff ..
                              1998 Firebird.. Built 3.8 with a 125 shot.. 370rwhp,415rwtq.. stock tune!! sold

2002 WS6 T/A.. Bolt ins..448rwhp
                              2009 G8 GT.. Vararam intake, GXP axleback
                              1998 Corvette.. Vararam intake, Ti axleback
                              http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X