WTB: 97 pcm for V6 with manual trans - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTB: 97 pcm for V6 with manual trans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: 97 pcm for V6 with manual trans

I'm looking for a pcm to complete a 5-speed swap, reman. ones are like $154 will bite the bullet if I have to but wanna see if I can get one cheaper. Been camping on craigslist and ebay for one with no luck. Thanks

Re: WTB: 97 pcm for V6 with manual trans

You can program your auto PCM for use with a manual trans.

Comment

Interesting, how would I go about doing that. Would I send it off? If so how much would that be.

Comment

Can do it with Hptuners or have the dealer do it for about $80.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I tried to do it w/ HP Tuners, but never got it to work. I ended up taking it to the dealership and having them write a new vin# into the pcm. I gave the guy $20.

Comment

I've done it on HPtuners couple of times.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I didnt know the dealership could reflash it. Are there any problems with having it reflashed.

How much would hp tuners be and is it fairly simple to use.

Comment

To reflash using hptuners just get a bin. file from their repository and flash your Pcm with the new file, theres plenty of stock files to use. You would have to look to see how much its going for.

Comment

I sent mine to pcmforless to have it swapped to a manual. It was 125 for that and a performance tune.

I also have an extra 97 PCM, but it is also from an auto....

Comment

What kinda of performance tune did you have done? How long did it take to get your pcm back?

Comment

Just a 87 octane tune. I told them I was looking for better milage also instead of all out performance.

I think it took right at two weeks to get it back, but I also got it during a sale so i'm sure they got slammed right about then. I still don't have the car back together, so I can't comment on how it works but I have hearts nothing but good things about them....

Comment

Yea I've looked on pcmforless.com and its bout $150 for a mail order tune, and about $225 for new computer with a tune. Also I have a question since my car key has the resitor in it will it work with a new computer?

Comment

Originally posted by Hose-B View Post
                          Yea I've looked on pcmforless.com and its bout $150 for a mail order tune, and about $225 for new computer with a tune. Also I have a question since my car key has the resitor in it will it work with a new computer?
                          Yes it will work with a new PCM.

Comment

Whooo, thats a relief I was starting to think I had to get a new key made. It was a few years ago I has wanted to get a key made but the guy said because the specific resistor it had it would be like $80 from the dealer. Glad to know it works.

Comment

Its the BCM if changed you need to rekey it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X