98-02 Firebird taillights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98-02 Firebird taillights

I'm specifically looking for the 98-02 passenger side tail light assembly (that's the honeycomb style). My existing one is OK, but I'd like to get a better one.
    I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
    CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
    FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Re: 98-02 Firebird taillights

scratched up or something?

I cant find the thread anymore, but at one time I used 2000 grit sand paper, sanded them down, and then used Meguires PlastX, and they looked FANTASTIC
    Last edited by flamingchicken; 10-22-2011, 01:23 AM.
    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Re: 98-02 Firebird taillights

Apparently, the passenger side 98-02 honeycomb tail light asembly has a common problem that the top seam was not well-sealed. Afte rmany years, it begins to leak water.If you look on this site and other Firebird sites, you'll find several references to the passenger side leaking and very few about the driver''s side leaking.

I re-sealed mine and now i have more water getting in there (see my thread in the Eletrical / Electronics forum). However, the leak also caused the interior of the assembly to be less reflective, so that when it lights up now, it is slightly less bright than the driver's side. During the day, the passenger side tail lights also also look slightly darker than the driver's side.

On my passenger side tail lights, I also have a small hairline crack in the assembly. I sealed it with silicone from the inside (by using a long stick via one of the light bulb holes).

So, I'm looking for a replacement tailllight unit that I can put in.
      I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
      CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
      FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X