Looking for a Whisper Lid for 99 Firebird - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a Whisper Lid for 99 Firebird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a Whisper Lid for 99 Firebird

As it says on top, I'm Looking for a Whisper Lid for 99 Firebird and would be most appreciated too whom ever is willing too sell one or there's. I'm a few years too late too get one from Whisper Motorsports as they don't sell them anymore. If you need a reference as too what I'm talking about, please just click on the link below.

http://www.whispermotorsports.com/fbody.html

Please take note on the years specified on the website (1999 is the one I'm looking for)

I'm willing to pay up for one, please send me a PM or post on how much your willing too give it up for and I'll let you know. Again, i am willing to pay a great price for one, please get back too me on this as soon as you can. This is my first post, and i just joined today. :wavey:

Thank you too all in advance.

And just throwing it out there before i forget, i would like too have one in good condition, scratches don't matter, however, if there's a crack or something, just send me a pic or post it up and let me know how bad it is.

------- Last but not least, i forgot earlier too mention i am in NJ on the east coast, i get off of work Mon-Fri at 3:30 eastern pacific time, i will reply and check back through out the day after that time, every day --------
    Last edited by GHQSA; 05-10-2011, 10:21 PM.

Re: Looking for a Whisper Lid for 99 Firebird

first off, welcome, you should post up into the lounge and introduce yourself, maybe some firebird pics for us firebird drivers, and a little about yourself and your car.

second, i think you and everyone's brother are looking for those things. they have become scarce, usually when they go up for sale they go quick. but at any rate, good luck on your search.
    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

found this one.. but its pretty dang expensive

http://www.rickscamaros.com/camaro-a...1998-2002.html
      Dave:
      00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
      97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Call whisper directly. I heard they have some laying around. Whether thats true or not, idk

Comment

I don't think they've had any for a while.

And $250!?! They're good, but not that good. Of course, I did pay that much for my FIPK.

1998 was the only year that had that wonky intake.

Comment

Yeah, i figured me and everyone else (who doesn't already have one) would be looking for this, and that was a great find actually, being that its $250 doesn't really affect my choice too much on the matter, the problem is, when i went too call, i couldn't tell you enough how hard it was too communicate with that person on the phone... lol. But yeah, i gave whisper motorsports a call like about a month ago asking them if they had any left and they said nah, apparently canceled due too the hardship too make these as well as the following price of them that the manufacture wanted as well.

I swear I'm about too start forging these... it's only plastic after all, but i would need one first too learn it completely as well as taking diagrams and the works of it, not to mention machinery..

Also, i couldn't help but notice something on the website, the say its for a 99-02, but its pictured as a 98?!? i gave the benefit of the doubt that maybe its just a wrong picture advertised, but the person i was talking too couldn't figure out left from right... oh well.

But thanks for all the advice and recommendation, if anyone has anymore links too send over where these could be possibly bought, I'm up for chance. :stp:

Comment

Just too let anyone know who still tends too stop and read this, i am still looking for one of these and i am willing too pay up. :omg:

Comment

are they really that much greater than any other CAI?

Comment

It's what I'm looking for, and i would say so judging by the few options we have for CAI in the first place. I would like one for the difference it would make, plus, with everything else i got going on under the hood, i may as well.

Comment

Your best option at this point is a FIPK from K&N from amazon for under $300. Expensive but thats about it left.
                    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
                    Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

I got my CAI from the Chrome Intakes ebay store, seems to get the job done, about $70.

Comment

The last thing i wanted to do was a CAI, it would ruin the whole set up i have and drive me nuts making me wonder why i did it, lol. And as far as the FIPK,from K&N, i thought about it a while ago, but for that 300.00, I'm wiling to just drop that cash on a lid. Somebody, somewhere I'm sure would give there's up for that price.

Comment

The performance game goes as this "Never settle" :work:

Comment

the FIPK isn't a CAI? Now I'm confused, heh

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X