97 Programmable PCM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 Programmable PCM

Im looking for a programmable 1997 PCM. I am starting a engine and turbo build and my 96 pcm i have been told can not be programmed. So i am looking let me know if you have one thanks.

Re: 97 Programmable PCM

If you are buying a 3.8 motor like you asked about try to buy the motor with the pcm.
    3M MAFIA
    ________
    | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
    Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SixShooter'00Camaro View Post
      If you are buying a 3.8 motor like you asked about try to buy the motor with the pcm.
      It would be out of a 01 camaro would that plug right up?

Comment

Ive got a 97' pcm. I had to plug a new vin# into it so it would work for a manual trans. Are you running a manual? It would also need to be re-tuned before you could use it because it is scaled for #36 injectors.

Comment

Originally posted by techsan23 View Post
          Ive got a 97' pcm. I had to plug a new vin# into it so it would work for a manual trans. Are you running a manual? It would also need to be re-tuned before you could use it because it is scaled for #36 injectors.
          No i have automatic.

Comment

Your either going to have to find one out of an auto, or have someone flash a vin into the pcm for an auto. I honestly dont know if you could use a newer unit than a 97', but just make sure you dont get one thats designed for drive by wire.

Comment

Your either going to have to find one out of an auto, or have someone flash a vin into the pcm for an auto. I honestly dont know if you could use a newer unit than a 97', but just make sure you dont get one thats designed for drive by wire.
              How would i know if its drive by wire?? And what is that and if i buy yours how do i change it to auto.

Comment

I have a virgin 98 for auto
                dont know if they will interchange
                have the wiring harness connector attached too.
                PM me if interested

Comment

Originally posted by Unique96Camaro View Post
                  How would i know if its drive by wire?? And what is that and if i buy yours how do i change it to auto.
                  I believe DBW was used from 99-02 on our cars. Its where the throttle is electronically controlled rather than mechanically driven by a cable. The only way to change a pcm from manual to automatic is to put a vin# into it that is for an auto. I originally got one from pcmforless, and it ended up being for an auto. I had to take it to the dealership and they put a different vin# in it for me. Ive seen people online that do this service for $50-$75. Ive also heard that the pcm needs to be left unlocked in order to access it via hptuners.

Comment

I believe DBW was used from 99-02 on our cars. Its where the throttle is electronically controlled rather than mechanically driven by a cable. The only way to change a pcm from manual to automatic is to put a vin# into it that is for an auto. I originally got one from pcmforless, and it ended up being for an auto. I had to take it to the dealership and they put a different vin# in it for me. Ive seen people online that do this service for $50-$75. Ive also heard that the pcm needs to be left unlocked in order to access it via hptuners.
                    Alright i know what your talking about well is yours unlocked and how much would you sell it for considering i need to go get it changed at the dealer

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X