Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: Fan shroud

I need a fan shroud for a 98-02 F-body.

I have the fans and motors so I really just need the housing with the plastic tabs intact and in good condition. A complete fan assembly is fine as well.

Thanks!
    1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
    1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
    1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
    2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Re: WTB: Fan shroud

Originally posted by truekoa View Post
    I need a fan shroud for a 98-02 F-body.

I have the fans and motors so I really just need the housing with the plastic tabs intact and in good condition. A complete fan assembly is fine as well.

Thanks!
    I ahev searched around and found ebay has some for $130 shipped , but you can also make your own for pretty cheap with some 18ga. steel or ALM. , cuts the weight down and more room up front. I'm just waiting for my new fans and I'll post the setup I'm working on.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

well I'm looking around right now to see if I can just find a shroud by itself, if not then I'll bite and buy a whole new fan set up.

I have no idea how to even begin making my own lol.
      1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
      1996 Chevy Camaro Z28

Comment

93-02 should work fine, once I'm done with mine off a 96' , I can sell you mine since I won't need it anymore. My radiator is aftermarket so I can't use the fan shroud with side clips , I had to use the long zip tie things that go through the radiator to hold it on. Like the way a tranny cooler goes on. I have my aftermarket fans coming this week and should work on it as soon as I get them.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

really? I decided to hold up my broken one with zip ties but figured it would get too hot and it just didn't look pretty IMO.

If I still need one when you get yours out I'll def take it.
          1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
          1996 Chevy Camaro Z28

Comment

N20Equip has one for sale , I think thats what my stock one looks like.

Comment

I saw his and posted on FTV6, it looks completely diff from mine.

I'll take a picture tomorrow.
              1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
              1996 Chevy Camaro Z28

Comment

I bet yours is completly soild without the opening on the bottom and top?

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                  I bet yours is completly soild without the opening on the bottom and top?
                  yep. and I believe my fans are inline with each other. I'm sure it will fit just fine but I just want to be sure.
                  1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
                  1996 Chevy Camaro Z28

Comment

Here's what mine looks like.

1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
                    1996 Chevy Camaro Z28

Comment

Mines different than that too, it must be a 98+ fan shroud like you said. Ebay had one for $130 shipped if its still on there then there were some for $150 shipped. Damm expensive , thats why I decided to go with the newer fans that pull 3200 CFM and use alm. sheet as a shroud , plus it saves me about 3" more for the turbo clearance. Just sucks I will have to zip tie all the wires/hose where the stock one had clips for. Oh well can't have it easy install all the time.LOL Good luck picking up one, also try LS1 boards, becuase the salvage yards are pricing them out at about $150 also.

Comment

I picked up just a shroud from a guy on ls1tech for 50 bucks so I'm waiting for it lol.

Make me an aluminum one steve. cmon
                        1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
                        1996 Chevy Camaro Z28

Comment

Congrats, nice price too, let me see how mine comes out first , it was like $45 for a 3ft X3ft. section, I think it was.

Comment

fan shroud bought and installed, thread closeddddd
                            1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
                            1996 Chevy Camaro Z28

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X