Throttle Body 99-02 3.8L Camaro/Firebird - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Throttle Body 99-02 3.8L Camaro/Firebird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle Body 99-02 3.8L Camaro/Firebird

I need a throttle body for a v6 3800 Series II 3.8L Camaro or Firebird (1999-2002). My throttle position sensors are throwing codes!

Re: Throttle Body 99-02 3.8L Camaro/Firebird

I have an extra tps sensor for a 97 if you want it

Comment

I don't think that will be able to hook up to my year... will it? different motor and tb, right?

Comment

it wont, ill reiterate, you need a complete throttle body IF the problem is your tps sensor. It very well could be a maf, which would be cheaper than a whole trottle body.
        Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Originally posted by tcrenegade50 View Post
          I have an extra tps sensor for a 97 if you want it
          Thanks anyways

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
          it wont, ill reiterate, you need a complete throttle body IF the problem is your tps sensor. It very well could be a maf, which would be cheaper than a whole trottle body.
          okay. Pretty positive it is tps sensor since it's throwing a p1221 code that is talking about tps sensor 1 & 2

Comment

Did this solve the problem after all?
            Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
            1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
            1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
            2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

yes this solved the problem. i bought a used tb

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                New Owner!
                by LETZRIDE
                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                2 days ago
              • ssms5411
                Little work today
                by ssms5411
                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                2 weeks ago
              • LETZRIDE
                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X