99+ Transmission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99+ Transmission

im in need of a transmisson, would like a auto, or if you have a built manual transmission that would be great

Re: 99+ Transmission

I have an auto from a 99 Firebird... was removed about 6 months ago from this car:http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread...hlight=twpetry

Shipping from Ohio to Texas won't be cheap, though... I think the tranny empty is about 140lbs so I may be able to ship UPS ground... if so, you're lookin at between $150-$175 in shipping alone... so it all depends on how much you're willing to spend, I'd like to get $200 out of it...

But... if it is over 150lbs, I won't be able to ship UPS ground and it'd go to UPS freight and that'd be around $300... so wouldn't be worth it for either of us... lol
    Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
    Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

Why does it have to be 99+? I have 2 spare 4l60e's in my garage, one from a '97 and one from a '98.
      94 Camaro convertible -- mostly stock
      97 Firebird -- Project Car - kyb agx shocks, eibach springs, 3.42 torsen diff, aluminum driveshaft, slp cai, pacesetter headers, magnaflow cat-back. hptuners. not done yet.
      98 Firebird -- Parts Car

Comment

my friend says the 99+ are alot stronger then the 98-93

Comment

oh that's weird. I noticed that the '97 tranny has 4 bolts holding the tail end on and the '98 has 6, maybe that's why. my '98 tranny was slipping anyway though haha
          97 Firebird -- Project Car - kyb agx shocks, eibach springs, 3.42 torsen diff, aluminum driveshaft, slp cai, pacesetter headers, magnaflow cat-back. hptuners. not done yet.
          98 Firebird -- Parts Car

Comment

he said the 99+ have stronger tranny pumps

Comment

good to know
              98 Firebird -- Parts Car

Comment

hey man, you can call some local trans shops. sometimes ppl will take trans up there and never come back to get them. So the shop will sell for a little less just to make room.

there is a trans on Craigslist in Richmond but my CL isnt working. He wants 225 for it. Shippin might be around $120

Comment

I shipped a M5(75lbs dry) for $90 from AZ to TX, this was before gas went up though. A4 weighs about 100LBS dry.
                  08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                  96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I drained mine and set it on a scale and it's 141.67lbs but I'd have to build a box for it and still keep it under 150lbs... I went on UPS and it's $125 shipped from here to austin...
                    Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
                    Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

T-Mill did you have the Tq converter still on yours when you weighed it? I know I wieghed it without and I think the stock convertors weigh alot if I remember.
                      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

nope it was just the transmission... I'm just going by what my scale read... so it may be off... but from what you've said, if it is off, it's off high, so shipping would be cheaper, i guess...
                        Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X