intermedate steering shaft v6 to v8 conversion - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

intermedate steering shaft v6 to v8 conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intermedate steering shaft v6 to v8 conversion

I have an intermediate steering shaft from an LS1.

If you want to put an LS1 rack on a 98+ v6 that didn't have the special handling package this is what you need.

$20 via paypal gets it to your front door in the lower 48 or if you are in DFW and want to drive to plano to pick it up a 12 pack of coors light bottles and it's yours. :)

If nobody want's it I'm throwing it out sunday night after I inventory the garage.
    -Brad
    98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
    2000 V-Star Custom 1100
    If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
    :rock:

Re: intermedate steering shaft v6 to v8 conversion

It won't fit a 97?
    ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
    A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

I believe there is a difference in the rack on 97 and back. If you put a 98+ V8 rack under it I think it would fit. Can't honestly say either way for sure.
      -Brad
      98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
      2000 V-Star Custom 1100
      If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
      :rock:

Comment

93-97 is a rag joint and 98-02 is the coupler, if you use the coupler( intermedate shaft) you need a 98-02 rack & pinion, you can get a 98+ V8 R&P or a 98+V6 Y87 R&P and your steering ratio would go from 16.9 to 14.4. Also the coupler is suppose to be tighter steering than the rag joint. Thats why I'm going to a 14.4 steering ratio from a 01' Camaro.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
          New Owner!
          by LETZRIDE
          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
          4 days ago
        • ssms5411
          Little work today
          by ssms5411
          Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
          2 weeks ago
        • LETZRIDE
          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
          02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X