98-02 Firebird Headlight Conversion for HID - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

98-02 Firebird Headlight Conversion for HID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98-02 Firebird Headlight Conversion for HID

Like the title says....I did this a while back when I had my firebird and took the OEM headlight bulbs since they are a full cased in bulb and converted my headlights to allow for the replacement of Bulbs instead. If you get the right setup you can probably have these converted to Xenon or HID's. That was my ultimate plan but sold the firebird and no longer have it. What you will be getting with the purchase of these is the casings itself. I had just bought bulbs that would fit inside the housing since they have a clasp in the back that holds them in. I will post pics up later on when I get back from dinner.

This is the ultimate kit I was working towards before I sold. In this case you wouldnt need the casings just the Ballast and bulbs part.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-02...QQcmdZViewItem

I will sell these casings...I beleive I have both low beam and high beam.... SOLD

Pics:

Brand New ones:

Ones installed on my car...you can see alittle crack area on the bottom right hand corner....Its still sealed just fine. Im assuming a rock hit it on the road.

H7 Bulbs are the ones I used:
    Last edited by cmblack13; 03-04-2009, 12:34 PM.

Re: 98-02 Firebird Headlight Conversion for HID

everything together. You can see the comparison of the new vs used:

Housing used:

Comment

Cool, shoot me your Paypal and I'll take them.
      <b>1998 Blue-Green Chameleon Firebird Formula</b><br /><b>1998 Bright Green Metallic Firebird Coupe</b><br /><br /><b>The LS1:</b><br />10.958@126.20, 1.61 60\', 96% stock<br />~Project 347. Bigger. Forged. Boosted.<br /><b>The L36:</b><br />16.246@82.88, 2.40 60\', 100% stock<br />~Whisper lid , K&N, and 180* t-stat

Comment

hey man my paypal is christopher.black@eds.com. just one thing..I will send you all of the bulbs...as far as them working..I dont have the firebird to test them out anymore but if not you can pick up the bulbs on Ebay for fairly cheap...you will need to modify the end of the bulb just a tad to get them to fit into the OEM plug. with that being said everything else is self explanatory! if payment is recieved tonight I will get them shipped tomorrow after I Get off work.

Comment

Modify how?
          <b>1998 Blue-Green Chameleon Firebird Formula</b><br /><b>1998 Bright Green Metallic Firebird Coupe</b><br /><br /><b>The LS1:</b><br />10.958@126.20, 1.61 60\', 96% stock<br />~Project 347. Bigger. Forged. Boosted.<br /><b>The L36:</b><br />16.246@82.88, 2.40 60\', 100% stock<br />~Whisper lid , K&N, and 180* t-stat

Comment

the ends of the bulbs that you purchase will have to be modified slightly to fit into the tiny holes of the OEM Plug. you have to cut down the metal prongs on teh back side to fit into the hole. If you look at the back of the OEM headlight bulbs they are a full casing with the little prongs on the back..if you see how small they are that is what the H7 bulb will need to be modified down to. Its fairly easy..i just took some wire snips and cut them down to size.

Comment

Gotcha, so the bulbs you're sending have been modified and I have something to reference? I will be getting new bulbs anyways.

Comment

yes you are correct. you will see what I did..you can probably do them better then I did...lol! I should of used a dremel most likely so that mine were even.

Comment

Sent :)

Comment

thanks man. I will attempt to have them shipped out today..if not they will def go out tomorrow.

Thanks again. once recieved let me know if you have any questions or anything man.

Comment

Nvm :)

Comment

yeah I pmed you with tracking

Comment

Got everything yesterday. I'd leave ya feedback, but this board doesn't do that.

Comment

so where did ya buy the clamp style that would hold in the bulb?

Comment

I sent him a PM asking for a link as well. People want these now.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X