82 Plymouth Turismo 2.2 $1500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82 Plymouth Turismo 2.2 $1500

I originally bought this car last summer as a parts car. After I got it in the garage I couldn't bring myself to tear it apart. It was in rough shape, most important thing was the floors were gone. I decided to fix the car( I love my plasma cutter and welder). Believe me it did take alot to get it roadworthy. The entire brake system had to be replaced(also upgraded to larger Shelby Charger rotors and calipers). Wheel bearings, struts, timing belt, tune up stuff, different seats and carpet, much more. I did a lot of cleanup work you'll see in the before and after pics. I sandblasted the bottom 5" of both sides and sprayed it with white chipguard and put on the Shelby ground effects. Call me anytime after 10:30 AM CST 612-708-8015 Brad
    Attached Files
    78 Lesabre Turbo Coupe w/85 GN SFI turbo induction, 200-4R OD, 3.73 posi(pictured in Sep. 99 Hot Rod Power Tour Article 87 Shelby Charger (under construction)reardrive conversion, SC3800, T-5, Independent rear. Estimated weight 2400 lbs.

Re: 82 Plymouth Turismo 2.2 $1500

Ok, resurrecting this thread. I still have it but it's changed a bit since I posted this early last year. I installed a supercharger (Eaton M62) from a 94 Park Ave Ultra. I had it sitting on the shelf along with the spare engine and thought- what if. Well after some fabrication and a little trial and error it does work. The engine was also freshened up while I was at it, along with a new clutch, replaced the 4 speed with a 5 speed that has 3.85 final drive gears. It's snow season here and I'm just about done putting in the transmission so I'll let you know how it runs. It makes 6-7 pounds boost and idles fine at about 700. It's a little testy for a couple minutes until it warms up, no big deal really. I'm still selling because I have my 81 Sport Omega I want to hang on to. I'm asking a little more since this was a lot of work on my part to try something no one else has done on these cars. Back in the 80's B&M did have a supercharger kit for these cars and if they pop up on ebay they fetch a pretty penny. The only thing I can say about my setup is that I retained the power steering. The B&M kit required you to put in a manual rack and pinion. Now asking $2,000.
    Attached Files
    78 Lesabre Turbo Coupe w/85 GN SFI turbo induction, 200-4R OD, 3.73 posi(pictured in Sep. 99 Hot Rod Power Tour Article 87 Shelby Charger (under construction)reardrive conversion, SC3800, T-5, Independent rear. Estimated weight 2400 lbs.

Comment

this thing is cool lol i wish i had the money for a super random toy

Comment

Bump, spring's around the corner. Checkout the lift I got in my garage yesterday.
        Attached Files

Comment

i just wanna say that this car was fetured in the car domain email that was sent out this week!

good job!
          Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

why so cheap?
            Robby
            2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 V6

|JET Chip|Flowmaster American Thunder|K&N Intake|BMR STB|Spohn Rear Sway Bar|

http://speed-bros.com/
            sigpic

Comment

Derrrrrrrnnn, thats sweet

Comment

RPDRed6, These cars don't command that much money. go to turbododge.com and you'll see they sell fairly cheap, even a real nice numbered Shelby GLHS will go for $5k. Besides, I'm too busy to enjoy it lately and I have enough cars.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X