Motor Part Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor Part Out

Well, this weekend I picked up my new motor and was wondering if you guys needed anything off my old 3.8? The heads may be OK, but you're definitely going to need new valves. Pistons are gone; might be able to save a few if you need them, but not a whole set. We went through the entire motor with all new bearings, piston rings, cleaned and balanced everything, had the heads cleaned up and a valve job done. Then I didn't get my cam gear on right and it all went boom. I have stock manifolds from a 99 Camaro. I also have an extra A/C compressor from the spare I bought, but the other accessories are going on the new motor. Basically, everything should be there, except pistons, UIM, and accessories. Crank might be usable; it's brand new .010 under with no miles on it, but with how my valves were hitting the pistons, I'm almost sure my rods are bent, so the crank is questionable ATM. I'll double check the condition of anything you're interested in, but are you guys wanting anything off my old one before we junk it? You could probably even reuse the block if you cleaned it up good.
    ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
    A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Re: Motor Part Out

how many miles were on that used motor?

Comment

Got a spare 98 down throttle body?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mjbrunsm
        the exhaust manifolds, are they the tubular kind? if so, send me a pm with price.
        I believe so. They're definitely not the log kind that were on my 97. How's $50 shipped sound? (not entirely sure on shipping cost)

Originally posted by Slave One View Post
        how many miles were on that used motor?
        IIRC, the motor was about to rollover 104K when it spun a bearing. My dad and I pulled it all apart, had the heads gone through, rods balanced, checked for straightness, resized .010 for the new crank, etc etc. Put ~$1100 into rebuilding it; then didn't get the cam gear lined up and messed the whole thing up. The rods probably are bent, but there's a possibility the crank is ok. Heads are OK if you don't mind putting new rockers, springs, valves in them. Or did you mean the one I just picked up? It has 25K on it, but I plan on swapping it into the car. What are you looking for?

Originally posted by bigbrian442 View Post
        Got a spare 98 down throttle body?
        Nope, sorry.
        Last edited by RadRacer; 04-16-2008, 12:58 PM.
        ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
        A few things

Comment

Originally posted by RadRacer View Post
          IIRC, the motor was about to rollover 104K when it spun a bearing. My dad and I pulled it all apart, had the heads gone through, rods balanced, checked for straightness, resized .010 for the new crank, etc etc. Put ~$1100 into rebuilding it; then didn't get the cam gear lined up and messed the whole thing up. The rods probably are bent, but there's a possibility the crank is ok. Heads are OK if you don't mind putting new rockers, springs, valves in them. What are you looking for?
          lol, sorry, i meant the spare motor you picked up...

Comment

Originally posted by Slave One View Post
            lol, sorry, i meant the spare motor you picked up...
            NP man. What are you looking for? Might have a spare one for ya :)
            ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
            A few things

Comment

Cool, I was wanting to know how many miles the A/C Compressor has from the spare...

Comment

what ya want for that intake mani? I assume the 98-02 upper will mount the 97 lower right?

you have a throttle body to go along with that, or is t hat something that isnt going to be parted out?
                Archer
                MISC: 01 parts. Some interior, T top kit, seats etc.
                http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=95347

Comment

do you have the crank pully and key way? if you do what do you want
                  WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by Archer View Post
                    what ya want for that intake mani? I assume the 98-02 upper will mount the 97 lower right?

you have a throttle body to go along with that, or is t hat something that isnt going to be parted out?
                    Archer
                    I don't have an extra upper intake, just the lower. Lowers should be the same from 95-02, IIRC.

Originally posted by kristen View Post
                    do you have the crank pully and key way? if you do what do you want
                    I should have one, but I'll have to double check. Not too sure how much one of them go for, so I'll have to do some pricing and get back with you.
                    ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                    A few things

Comment

I'm heading out of town in a few minutes. Sorry if I didn't get back with anyone, but I won't be able to do anymore until I return Sunday afternoon.
                      ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                      A few things

Comment

Would you happen to have the fuel rail? I need a 95-99 rail and injectors (round fat style)

Comment

No fuel rail. Motor should be coming out next weekend, so everything will be available then. ATM I'm just trying to do the simple stuff I can pull off the spare, or easy to reach stuff on the blown one.
                          ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                          A few things

Comment

Do you happen to have the exhaust manifold bolts or ya reusing? I can use both the actual head mount bolts and the ones for the y pipe that thread inot donut area. I broke a couple removing mine and need a couple.

Comment

I have the stock bolts manifold, but I don't think they're reusable, or if you'd want to. If you buy a set of headers, they'll come with bolts. Or, go with the Grade 8 locking ones and save the hassle of re-tightening the fist few weeks.
                              ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                              A few things

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X