Feeler: Billet 6061 transmission mount spacers. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feeler: Billet 6061 transmission mount spacers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeler: Billet 6061 transmission mount spacers.

Just figured I'd throw a feeler out to see if I should go through the little extra trouble in the next day or so. I just picked up the Energy Suspension poly transmission mount. I've heard from all over here on the forums about how there is a 1/2" gap that needs to be taken care of when switching over to these mounts.

I've seen the route with the endlink bushings as spacers, heard about just spacing out with some washers on each bolt... Personally I'm not very comfortable with either for my tastes. Not trashing it in anyway, just saying I'm going a different route.

I have some leftover 1/2" 6061 plate along with a slew of other 6061 stock. So either tommorow or the next day I was just going to saw off a chunk and finish it using the ES Mount's spacer as a template and make a 1/2" billet riser.

Long story short, digging through the bottom drawer of the toolchest I think I have enough 1/2" plate to make myself one and two extra. Anybody interested in one of the extra two? If not I'm not going to bother making them.
    Last edited by Taheen; 07-11-2007, 04:13 PM.

Re: Feeler: Billet 6061 transmission mount spacers.

how much you want for them

76 Camaro Rally Sport-355/TH350- Soon to be LT1/TH350 with a little laughing gas to wake it up...;)
    89 Ram D350 CTD/M5- 1 Ton Dually getting 27 MPG's

Comment

I'm interested. email me at rholets@nmt.edu.
      1998 M5 3.8 Mystic Teal Camaro<br />Flowmaster exhaust, Pacesetter headers, 3\" cat, 3\" S-pipe, whisper lid, ram air, Spec Stage 1 clutch, Poly Trans mount, Walbro 255LPH. Numerous appearance mods.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533</a>

Comment

I honestly have no idea what I'd even ask for them. Started to rain here again so didn't get any work done on the car unfortunatly. From the way it looks, it will be Wed or so before I have the time. I'll post pics when I have them made.

Comment

Posted in the drivetrain forum. Thought about it more and figure if I'm going to do one or two I should see if I should just crank out a couple more.

I'd like to know if people are happy with washers as spacers or are intersted in a cheap solid solution. If so, input on price would be great there too.

For all things concerned can we just have this thread die and if anybody has interest to post in the drivetrain post.

Comment

those poly transmission mounts are pretty damned stiff.
            i've had one in my car for about 2 weeks and i am sick of the vibration.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X