Turbo and lots of stuff for sale!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Turbo and lots of stuff for sale!

pretty much all the piping would work except the y pipe. actually that would work with a little modification. at any rate i would probabaly want more for everything than you would be willing to pay. i was looking at some piping on ebay and they are going for at most 500 so the majority of the kit price is everything else. so........
    2000 M5 Blue/Green Chameleon

Comment

Wow that sounds like an increadible deal! I'm up in Flagstaff and would probably drive down there to pick it up. I may be ready to say I'll buy it in a week. Hopefully its still available by then. :)
      "Gotta check the good ol finances.."

My car is a completely stock 98' 3.8L M5. Sounds like this kit has nearly everything, but a lot of places I read say I should upgrade the Fuel Pump, better clutch, new rear-end w/limited slip ect ect well before I do this.

I know I should change the cat-back exhaust soon, just not sure how important all these mods are before I purchase a kit like this. Any advice?

Few more questions:
      Would be any issue with the angled intake on the 98's?
      Will the PCM need to be reprogrammed to run properly? I know tuning is always good to get the most outa it, just wondering if its mandatory.

As you can tell I'm kinda new to this, so thanks in advance!
      Last edited by Digiphaze; 02-15-2007, 01:42 AM.

Comment

The rear end is fine for now, just get some wider tires. In fact my car has an open diff and i have 275/35/18 tires on. it wouldn't hurt to upgrade it later though. I would get a fuel pump either msd inline or a 255. I would have included that in the kit but, it's in my tank. You do need to do the pcv mod which just consists of plugging a hole in the throttle body and thowing on a valve cover breather filter. Visit graymans site he has a lot of helpful info.
        http://home.comcast.net/~grayman99/guide.htm as far as a better clutch i would say thats a good idea, i've got a centerforce and love it. exhaust isn't as important with a turbo because some people just use a strait downpipe without going to the exhaust. i made my down pipe so it can connect directly into my cat and flowmaster exhaust. With the angled throttleboddy you might have to mod the upper intake pipe a little, but as you can see the intake pipe is two pieces and easy to work with. In fact when i made the intake pipe from scratch at exhaust works it only took them about a half hour. Tunning is not necessary when you run 6-7 psi with the FMU. You would only need to tune if you replace your injectors and start really pushing the boost. Well the auction ends in a 5 days and i've got a couple people who will have money shortly there after.

Comment

Hey,
          I was just wondering if this kit was indeed sold. The link to the auction says the reserve was not met. If it is still for sale, I have some questions.
          2002 Camaro A4<br />K&N FIPK<br />Ravin exhaust<br />15.64 @ 90.11 MPH<br /><br />_ _ ___________________ _ _ <br />2004 Quicksilver/Black GTO M6<br />Stock except !CAGS

Comment

TTT. Any news?
            2002 Camaro A4<br />K&N FIPK<br />Ravin exhaust<br />15.64 @ 90.11 MPH<br /><br />_ _ ___________________ _ _ <br />2004 Quicksilver/Black GTO M6<br />Stock except !CAGS

Comment

sorry the turbo kit was sold to digipaze locally. thanks for your intrest everybody.

Comment

Yeah I couldn't wait for this week to be over so I can head down there and pick it up this weekend. Now I gotta cross my fingers nothing goes wrong at work while I'm gone. (Life of an IT guys.. ughh)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X