SSM stage 3 heads and stg 2 intense cam - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SSM stage 3 heads and stg 2 intense cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSM stage 3 heads and stg 2 intense cam

Well guys i know this is like my first post but umm i used to have a account that i dont have e-mail access to anymore and i would like to sell some things!
    First I have a set of the best heads ssm used to make and took off their website since they were overkill and had soem guide problems that i paid $1650 for new!! These heads after they arrived i took them into a shop and had hardened valve seats put in exhaust and intake also bronze guides were installed and that cost me another 350 bux and they are in really good shape!! I dont wanna sell them but i have no time since i am building my wrx up! I have to ask at least $1650 for them since thats what they cost new and they have been modded too! up next I have a intense stage 2 N/A camshaft thats freaking awesome sounding (I liked it anyways) for sale and only lookign to get like 200 for it OBO so i will post pics ig there is interest asap just let me know! phone number is 505-631-8786 and name is dustin garner thanks guys
    99 blue bird w/SSMS stage 2+ heads intense cam and all those goodies!

Re: SSM stage 3 heads and stg 2 intense cam

What are the specs on the cam?

Thanks!

'96 Trans Am M6:) Cam, lifters, 1.6rr, lt4 springs, 4 bolt mains, long tubes, TDs, short throw...etc
    '99 Firebird SOLD 1/4 mile 15.4 @ 86
    '66 Ford SOLD

Comment

CAM-362 - INTENSE™ Stage 2 Normally Aspirated Cam, duration @ .050": 222º/224º, lobe lifts: .337"/.327", valve lifts with 1.60:1 rocker arms: .539"/.523", lobe separation angle: 112º, intake centerline: 108º (+$25.00)

Comment

Would i have to upgrade anything else if i just got the cam?

BTW I have a 99 3.8L

EDIT: And did it affect your street drivability, or mpg,?
        Last edited by FireBird_Fr3ak; 10-16-2006, 07:27 PM.

'96 Trans Am M6:) Cam, lifters, 1.6rr, lt4 springs, 4 bolt mains, long tubes, TDs, short throw...etc
        '99 Firebird SOLD 1/4 mile 15.4 @ 86
        '66 Ford SOLD

Comment

umm lets see i do belive you would have to get your valve pedestals milled down a bit since the lift is so big but other than that i have ran it on stock springs and retainers!

Comment

didnt affect it too much but it damn sure does lope and you can tell!!! mpg were not affected much

Comment

OK guys this stuff REALLY needs to go quick since i am in a tight spot for money heads price down to $1350 and cam to $150! Gotta buy my transmission!!!!!

Comment

99camedbird got a question. You said the stage 3 heads were overkill. Does that mean that they're not streetable or limited street use. I don't have the money now but I was looking at their site and wasn't sure if for the price diff it was worth it.
                Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

how much would it cost for s shop to fully install ur cam, milling and all

Comment

Originally posted by Niko97RS
                    how much would it cost for s shop to fully install ur cam, milling and all
                    you are gonna have to upgrade your whole drivetrain, springs, timing chain, etc. for the cam. It is also suggested to not be used with stock heads. So your looking at a pretty penny just to put the cam in unless you have the drivetrain upgraded already
                    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by youngsc
                      99camedbird got a question. You said the stage 3 heads were overkill. Does that mean that they're not streetable or limited street use. I don't have the money now but I was looking at their site and wasn't sure if for the price diff it was worth it.
                      Well i didnt mean they were overkill like that! I meant with the guides they put in they would wear out with stainless valves and i had the bronze guides put in so that wouldnt happen anymore! If i had the chance to buy stage 1,2, or 3 I would definatly do 3 no matter what your mods are for future use! very much worth it!!

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life
                        you are gonna have to upgrade your whole drivetrain, springs, timing chain, etc. for the cam. It is also suggested to not be used with stock heads. So your looking at a pretty penny just to put the cam in unless you have the drivetrain upgraded already

YOU DONT HAVE TO UPGRADE DRIVETRAIN!!!! nor springs nor timing chain!!!!! stock heads are ok as long as the valve pedestals are milled like 20 thousanths i believe. prolly have to remove heads though for sure so you would have to get a gasket set. your transmission and toure converter and rear end will not be harmed by this cam and i dont know why anyone would think so! I ran it just fine!! no problems and managed a 13.2 with heads and cam with 3500 rpm stall and pump and tuned!

Comment

Wait i made a mistake you do have to upgrade your valve springs it is recommended strongly but thats about it!!

Comment

Thanks for the info, very nice numbers. I'm hoping i can spend some serious time and money on my baby next year.
                            Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X