***** Turbo Kit - almost ***** PICS **** - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

***** Turbo Kit - almost ***** PICS ****

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***** Turbo Kit - almost ***** PICS ****

Hey -

I originally had plans of boosting my 94 3.4 Camaro, but priorities have changed and I am entering college, so I need more money. So, I am here to see what you guys think this is worth. It consists of:

87 GN turbo rebuilt 12K ago
    - been partially polished, has an aftermarket adjustable wastegate rod, stock mounting bracket, 3 inch short downpipe
    87 GN turbo intercooler
    - comes with original shroud
    Vortech FMU
    - brand new
    24lb LT1 injectors
    3000GT VR4 BOV
    - comes with stock pipe as well
    Autometer 2 5/8 30 Vac 20 Boost gauge

I know I'm supposed to post a price, but I don't know what it's all worth together, or if you guys would want individual parts.

Make offers!

***Same turbo Wicked 3800 V6 used to hit a 14.3 on a shakedown run on his 3.8***
    http://www.camarov6.com/cgi-bin/ulti...&f=10&t=001369

[ June 05, 2004, 06:50 PM: Message edited by: Drew ]
    White 94 3.4 A4 Camaro<br />Perf:2.5\" Flowmaster catback, K&N FIPK, B&M Shift Plus, Alum DS<br />App: 17\" Eagle 077s, rk sport performance spoiler, clear corners<br />Audio: Drivers side 12\" stealth box w/ JL

Also - you'll only need oil return and feed flanges, lines, piping (quoted at my shop as $100), and possibly an A/F gauge.
    White 94 3.4 A4 Camaro<br />Perf:2.5\" Flowmaster catback, K&N FIPK, B&M Shift Plus, Alum DS<br />App: 17\" Eagle 077s, rk sport performance spoiler, clear corners<br />Audio: Drivers side 12\" stealth box w/ JL

Comment

http://turbov6camaro.tripod.com/index.htm

Some more information, and pics!

Comment

what price range are u kind of leaning towards? How easy is it to modify to fit a camaro?
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life:
          what price range are u kind of leaning towards? How easy is it to modify to fit a camaro?
          As for the price range I have no idea what it is worth....

Modifying it to fit a Camaro.....depends. If you want to mount the intercooler as a front mount you will need to cut fascia. If you want to use it as a bottom mount its a matter of some brackets. Its as easy as you make it, or as hard as you make it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Well I figured there would be more action on this. I guess I'll give a run through on prices and just throw an asking price out.

I was told the turbo was rebuilt 12k ago. This one has been partially polished, has an adjustable wastegate rod, and comes with the stock mounting bracket and a small section of downpipe as well. A new one runs $700.

The intercooler usually brings about 150 used, and the shroud about 30. Thats another $155.

Brand new Vortech FMUs usually run about $130 new from what I've seen.

LT1 injectors go for about $40, used.

The blowoff valve usually runs about $30, used.

The boost gauge is $50 new.

So that brings the total to $1105, and that is using some USED parts.

You are only missing a few parts, and could have a turbo system for really cheap.

I'll ask $700

Comment

I'm a celebrity!
              No comment on the pricing, as I don't know what is reasonable. You could always try turbobuick.com to sell it there if it doesn't work out here.
              I just put my car back together (See AX/ RR forum), so I'll have some updates soon. That 14.3 will soon have a 13 in front of it. Or a 12 ... [img]smile.gif[/img]
              <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

Comment

Still for sale!!!

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

Can you give me a rough estimate on what it would cost to adapt it to my 96 bird?
                    1996 3.8 Firebird with some mods

Comment

Uh...not really. I attempted to give estimates earlier, making reference to what I was quoted, but then everyone said I was lying. So, no.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X