3.4 Polished TB-Ported & Polished w/ceramic red butterfly - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3.4 Polished TB-Ported & Polished w/ceramic red butterfly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.4 Polished TB-Ported & Polished w/ceramic red butterfly

3.4L throttle-body that has been ported and polished and the butterfly has been painted gloss red with ceramic paint and has been knife-edged for improved flow. The outside has been polished as well to give the engine a more showcar look. Includes all the sensors as well. I am selling this because I need the cash, I will take $140 or $100 and your stock throttle-body with sensors. I am open to offers.
    -Mike Chapman

I wish I could buy this. I could use it. ;) Good luck.
    Jordan<br />15.09@90.7<br /><a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=21\" target=\"_blank\"><b>1995 Camaro 3.4 M5</b></a>

Comment

what kinda gains did u see with it?
      Fighting Texas Aggie Class 2008<br />3.4 t-top bird<br />K&N cai - Mangaflo 3in catback - 2.5in catco cat - Slect Coils - tb coolant bypass<br /><br />\"no matter how far we\'ve come, i cant wait to see tommrow\" LP

Comment

the knife edging is probably worth 1/10th of a pony or so, and since he didnt state how much it was ported i will assume it wasnt really ported , just polished, maybe another 1/10th there, if i t were ported the gains will be questionable still

it the front bar were removed you might see a gain, (i did) however the weather probably played a part in my gains when i removed the front bar on the TB
        -Aaron, AKA ATL2001<br />93 3.4L <br /><a href=\"http://www.ilfba.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ilfba.com</a>

Comment

It was on a '94 Firebird I bought with no title, so I never even drove it on the street. I'm not sure how much power can be gained with it, especially since this is my first V6 F-body and I dont know much about the 3.4's. I will try and get some pics developed and put on disk since I dont have a digi camera.
          -Mike Chapman

Comment

BTW StudlyCamaro, the TB is 55.5mm (I believe they are 50mm stock?) where it meets the manifold , 80mm across the front, and about 62mm from top to bottom on the front according to my digital dial caliper. The polishing itself also improves flow comparable to porting another 1/8th of an inch or so larger (common knowledge for someone that is well versed in porting and polishing). Also, the bar that holds the butterfly has been filed down in the center between the screw heads on the front side and filed all the way across the back side. The knife edging is to reduce turbulence as well as the rolled edge on the rear side of the butterfly when viewing in the wide open throttle position. StudlyCamaro, the gains will be more visible on a modified engine but I have never seen a ported and polished TB only make 1/5th of a pony before...sounds like someone didnt know what they were doing on that one?
            -Mike Chapman

[ September 23, 2004, 03:08 AM: Message edited by: Turbols1 ]

Comment

Pics...sorry for the poor lighting, maybe better pics tomarrow if any interest... Front opening Rear opening with my dial caliper

Comment

Okay, need the money so...$120 or $80 plus your stock throttle-body.
                -Mike Chapman

Comment

if i had money, i would snach that up quick, sucks being a broke college kid. good luck findin a buyer
                  Fighting Texas Aggie Class 2008<br />3.4 t-top bird<br />K&N cai - Mangaflo 3in catback - 2.5in catco cat - Slect Coils - tb coolant bypass<br /><br />\"no matter how far we\'ve come, i cant wait to see tommrow\" LP

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X