GI: selling the ballermaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GI: selling the ballermaro

been doing some math and contemplating on costs vs. results for building the ballermaro, doing an engine swap/fi, or just selling her off and starting over with an SS like i've wanted to for a while. talked it over with my gearhead buddies and finally decided if i get the upcoming job im in the running for, then the SS is the way i wanna go.

what do you guys think i could sell her for privately? there's no way i can get anything worthwhile by trading in, and i'm not looking to cut anyone a huge deal bc i'll put the money towards the new ride. i'd hope to be able to sell it for around 7-8k depending on the buyer but not sure what i could get, so let's hear some thoughts.

2002 3.8 ttops M5 w/ 93k:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

mods:

painted pacesetter headers and y-pipe
    hi flow 3" cat
    full stainless steel 3" borla exhaust
    corsa replica triple plated chrome tips
    3" stainless electric cutout
    carbon fiber whisper lid
    k&n filter
    slp cai
    slp ram air upgrade kit
    180*
    b&m short throw shifter
    msd coil packs
    msd wires
    ngk tr55 plugs
    throttle body spacer
    bmr strut tower brace
    j&m double adj. lca's
    jegs adj. panhard
    weld in subframe connectors
    eibach pro springs
    kyb shocks
    brakemotive drilled/slotted rotors
    ceramic pads
    stainless rear inserts/bowtie
    stainless camaro badging (under hood)
    berger panel satin black
    niteshaded corners, sides, 3rd brake, tails
    shorty 8" antenna
    ccfl dual halo projectors
    8000k hid lows/fogs
    17 x 9.5" z06 replicas
    nitto nt555 275/40/17
    tint 30% sides 15% back
    billet grill (painted black now)
    stainless etched black nose badge (emblempros)

not installed but may include:

aluminum d/s
    32/19 sway bar set
    used zexel torsen posi
    gm 3.73 gears
    chrome rear end cover
    pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
    gone in body, but not in spirit

Re: GI: selling the ballermaro

That Maro is indeed, quite Baller. 7k Isn't impossible if you find a car enthusiast that appreciates what you've done to it, so it depends on how hard and where you market it. Keep in mind that most car enthusiasts that understand that mod list are also probably looking for a V8 in the first place. Unfortunately any money put into these cars is entirely for personal pleasure, it very rarely comes back to you when you resell. Best of luck :)

Comment

Originally posted by Atrum Rosa View Post
      That Maro is indeed, quite Baller. 7k Isn't impossible if you find a car enthusiast that appreciates what you've done to it, so it depends on how hard and where you market it. Keep in mind that most car enthusiasts that understand that mod list are also probably looking for a V8 in the first place. Unfortunately any money put into these cars is entirely for personal pleasure, it very rarely comes back to you when you resell. Best of luck :)
      good advice.

I would have bought it until you said you weren't interested in giving someone a deal. lol.
      Dave:
      00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
      97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Prob be best parting out the mods then selling stock or trying in the car with as much stock as you could get it

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Comment

If you decide to part out there are some things I would like to get

Comment

Man, that car looks so good....

I say do a heart transplant on it. All the visual mods you've done set it off; you'd have to do up an SS again anyway...
            In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
            2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

That would work too

Comment

Originally posted by 1997Canadian3.8 View Post
                Man, that car looks so good....

I say do a heart transplant on it. All the visual mods you've done set it off; you'd have to do up an SS again anyway...
                x2 and you have done all the right mods, just throw in the SS or FI
                Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
                1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
                1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
                2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

Do what you want. Me? I would sell it, save for a bit and buy the SS you always wanted. For me, I have always wanted and will continue to want the 02 WS6. You still got the stock stuffs for it?
                  Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

keep it dude
                    Robby
                    2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 V6

|JET Chip|Flowmaster American Thunder|K&N Intake|BMR STB|Spohn Rear Sway Bar|

http://speed-bros.com/
                    sigpic

Comment

I'd put it to stockish... sell it buy a v8, and move alot of my stuff over.

Willing to sell that LSD? Won't need that on a v8.

Comment

Originally posted by DAS BOOT View Post
                        Willing to sell that LSD? Won't need that on a v8.
                        Dang you beat me to it. If you wanna sell that BMR tower brace let me know:rock:

Comment

lol so basically what im getting is you guys just want my parts :wavey:

stuff that's welded in or wont work on the ls1 i would just keep on it and try to increase the value of the sale to someone who's into a modded car. i'll definitely switch out the tails, berger, and maybe the lights for stockers if it comes down to it since i have all that, and i might yank the ss rims off the z28 and sell those with it and keep my rims, but who knows. honestly i want black z06 rims or deep dishes anyway so we'll see.

if i did go for the sale do you guys think that's a reasonable ballpark price? i can pick up a nice SS for about 10-12 so i wanna try to get as much of that knocked out as possible.
                          pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
                          gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

well i gave 5200 for my 01 3.8 A4 with 100K miles. like new condition. so maybe around 6k give or take. I could be wrong though.
                            If your headlights were silver instead of black I would def take them off your hands lol. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by BallerMaro13 View Post
                              lol so basically what im getting is you guys just want my parts
                              Well what do you expect? The majority of the people on this board have a v6 fbody. So they aren't looking for one.

Better posting it elsewhere.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X