LS1 heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LS1 heads

Got a set of 2002 LS1 241 castings. They're complete, and came off of an '02 F-car with about 30k on it. Don't have pics at the moment, but can get some upon request. If you're interested and want pics, shoot me a text at 812-614-2973. Just make sure to let me know who you are and what you're texting me about. If I don't respond right away, I may be asleep (3rd shift). Currently asking $400, but price is negotiable.

These will work on any 99-04 5.7 LS1 (will fit 97-98, though you'll need 99-newer valve covers), and would make a good base for porting. These will work on a 4.8 or 5.3, but will cause some power losses if going naturally aspirated due to a lower compression ratio. If you're doing a forced induction truck engine though, these would be a good match. These will also work on a 6.0 truck engine, though they'll raise compression and should be ported to keep up with the larger displacement.

Re: LS1 heads

These heads would make a great foundation for a good set of ported heads for an LS motor. Everyone looks for the 243 LS6 and LS2 heads, but too often overlook the 241 castings. With some very mild porting, the LS1 241 heads can flow just as much as 243 heads but with a smaller port volume and at lower lift, making them better at producing low-end torque while still allowing them to build gobs of horsepower when wound up. The 243 heads have an amazing amount of flow for a factory "cathedral" port head, but their port volume makes them better suited for larger displacements and high rpm engines, often making smaller engines feel pipey. With a good cam and mildly ported heads on an '01-'04 LS1, it's easy to make around 450 hp at the crank, for very little investment.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X