Gauging interest in partout of 98 firebird - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gauging interest in partout of 98 firebird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gauging interest in partout of 98 firebird

It's been a while since I have been around the community, and the time has come for me to contemplate parting out my bird. The engine decided to develop a little knock to her, more than likely a rod bearing but I dont really have the time or money to justify fixing her up. The only thing I have done so far is pulled the trans, the engine won't be too far behind. As of right now the car is complete, I have never had a mechanical problem up until now (other than the torque converter lockup when i first bought it but the valve body was modified by a gm tech and it hasn't had a problem in 5 years. The car has 18x,xxx miles on it, it was trailered home once the knock was noticed, it's only had synthetic oil since I bought it at 13x,xxx. I have complete confidence that it would still be a very solid engine if it were rebuilt, as far as I know nothing internally is broken, it still runs, just with a knock (I haven't been driving it though). It's an A4 with T-Tops and charcoal interior.
    Some of the mods include:

3.42 gears with Zexel Torsen LSD (I know it has less miles than the car but i can't recall exactly when I installed it or how many miles were on it when I had it professionally installed by a GM dealership with new bearings)

aluminum driveshaft

PCM4LESS tune to account for the differential and tires as well as premium gas

additional stock pcm (I had purchased one to get programmed while leaving the stock intact)

Taylor 8.2mm spark plug wires ordered 6/12/06 (they still are fine)

Black powdercoated ZR1 Replicas 17x9.5 I Believe with fuzion tires that are near the end of their life one wheel has some curb rash in one spot, the others are fine just in need of a good bath

Stock wheels with Bridgestone Blizzaks 2 were new this winter, one is new from late last winter and the final is a few years old with a reasonable amount of tread left plus I still have two more not mounted that are the same age as it, between them there is a lot of life

Firebird radio bezel with blue backlight (flickers some but I know I can fix it, just havent pulled it since that started)

I custom made an amp rack and a stealth sub box that allow the ttops to still be stored in their spot, I never got around to carpeting the sub box, and the amp rack was mounted with brackets that i welded to the back, but I'm sure it could be figured out how to mount another way

It does have a TSP rumbler exhaust however in 4 years the over axle portion decided to rust, and the two outlets fell off I talked to matt at tsp and he said he could sell the rear portion that is needed but it would probably be around 150 at their cost which they would pass on, I am not happy that a 4 year old exhaust would do this but there isn't much I can do about that, the section that remains is welded together with stock y pipe, catco high flow cat, SLP s pipe, and whatever muffler comes with it. I also still have the C6 chrome dual/duals that were on it.

drilled/slotted rotors from rotorpros.com, they could use little surfacing if that can even be done I also have stock rotors that were freshly surfaced not too long before I installed the drilled/slotted

I think that pretty much sums up the mods, i'm sure there are some things that I am forgetting.

As far as the condition of the car, virtually all of the body panels are in good shape, the pant is so so on some (front bumper is peeling some some little scratches here and there but pretty good for a 13 year old car. Interior isnt too bad, but again it's a 13 year old car visors are bad, carpet is so so, seats are in pretty darn good condition though (cloth). No I do not have the stock monsoon junk, it was junk anyhow, I have infinity components in the front and coaxials in the sails if there is interest in those, I want to keep my amps and sub however.

I don't think this is a project I want to tackle unless I know the big ticket items will be accounted for (engine, trans, diff, etc...) if I get interest in those then I will more than likely go through with it. If you have any questions feel free to let me know, if you have any interest in any of my extras let me know (either set of wheels, rotors, t-top covers (still in bag never used btw), etc....). I'll try to get some basic pics up soon

Thanks for looking
    Daniel

***PICTURES***
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/4760170...7627055070698/
    Keep in mind the car is dusty and hasnt been cleaned up in a while vacuumed out or anything...
    Last edited by bah; 06-26-2011, 07:04 PM. Reason: added picture link

Re: Gauging interest in partout of 98 firebird

I would also consider trades for some sort of motorcycle/atv/dirtbike for the whole thing.

I also have a hidden hitch for it that I would be willing to sell regardless, it came in handy for towing a single stand up jetski to the lake that is relatively close just a handfull of times.

Comment

what you looking to get for the rear end

Comment

are you looking for the whole rear end, lsd, or lsd and gears. It looks like I purchased the diff with 55k on it, and I know it was less than 50K ago that I installed it, so bearings only have ~50k if that and the zexel/gears should have around 100k
        Last edited by bah; 06-26-2011, 07:13 PM. Reason: added info

Comment

obviously there isnt much interest from what I can tell between here and ls1tech, just a lot of people wanting little things and nobody wanting the big things, if anybody is interested in the whole car let me know, thats the route i want to go i believe

Comment

PM me a number for the whole car. Any pics?
            <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

PM a price for the whole car to me as well... I may be interested if it's a good price..
              aka FreedStyle
              Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
              2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

Hey.. I know exactly where Delphi is :)

My grandfather lived there for 96yrs!

Anyhow... I'd be interested in the engine and trans/wire harness ect. Possibly entire car

depending on what we work out. I have a 2005 CR85R Pro that's in great shape and

cash... I'm going to hurt myself on that bike..

Give me a e-mail or phone call

UR50SLO@aol.com
                (574)329-6390 Cell/text.
                Thanks,
                SCott~

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X