01 V6 5Spd - Many Mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 01 V6 5Spd - Many Mods

Well I hate to do it but I'm going to officially test the waters on selling the car. I am not hurting to sell it, so I won't take any low ball offers. With that being said I'm setting the price at $5500. I won’t say that price is firm, however like I said, I'm in no rush to sell it. I also don't want to part anything out, so its all or nothing.

Specs-
    -2001 3.8 M5 Camaro
    -101k miles (and counting, as this is my daily driver)
    -New Jasper Engines Motor installed less than 15k miles ago.
    -With new motor new Abbott NA Cam with comp 105# springs, moded steel retainers, and comp 7.00' hardened pushrods installed.
    -New 410 gears with torsen diff installed at same time as new motor.
    -New clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder installed with new motor.
    -Car gets 20mpg daily driving and 25mpg cruising at 75mph+ on the highway (if you can handle the rpms lol)

Here is a more detailed list of all mods.

Appearance-
    Black Halo Projector headlights
    8k HID's
    Black Corner lenses
    Black Billet Grill w/ Black and red bowtie
    Black GS Fender stripes
    SS Rear Spoiler
    Black Berger Panel
    3d Acrylic CAMARO inserts in back
    Custom Hurts Shift Plate from TSS
    Stubby antenna
    ! DRL and Auto Headlights
    Two Tone interior swap from early 4th gen
    4" Cowl hood
    C5 17's and 18's custom painted black with red lip
    275/35r18 in the back
    245/45r17 in the front
    Calipers painted red with G2 caliper painting kit
    Custom TSS Battery Cover, PCM Cover, and PCM Cover (suffered some damage when storing them, may not include)
    Early 4th gen tails
    Hurst equipped emblem
    Full LED lit interior
    McNord custom gauge overlays in silver. (These have developed some bubbling. I talked to the seller and they will replace them with whatever I like. I think I’m going to order them in red since it will match everything else. If you get the car you can choose this, I will wait a while before ordering)

Performance-
    Abbott N/A
    105 lb springs
    Comp 7.00" Push Rods
    Trailblazer Injectors
    Whisper Lid
    K&N Filter with free ram air mod (recently cleaned, but showing its age)
    Pacesetter Headers
    Cat!
    Custom 3" magnaflow exhaust
    EGR!
    Hurst Short Throw Shifter
    Custom shortened short stick for Shifter
    Custom tune with HP Tuners
    180* thermo
    LS1M scanner (may not include, unless specifically asked for)

Suspension-
    Kenny Brown STB
    H&R 2" drop springs
    KYB AGX adjustable shocks
    non adjustable lower panhard bar
    non adjustable lcas
    lca relocation brackets

Audio-
    Alpine 9884 Head Unit
    Alpine type S 6.5's all the way around.

What has been recently replaced-
    3 Coils- Less than 3k miles ago
    Plug wires (not a cheap set, over $80) - Less than 3k miles ago
    Plugs (the recommended plugs that are way too damn expensive) - Less than 3k ago
    PCV vale- Less than 3k ago
    New Ignition Switch- Less than 1k ago (car now has vats bypassed, you do not need a chipped key)
    180* Thermo- Less than 3k ago
    New nankang front and rear tires less than 5k ago

The Cars History
    If you want details I can give as much or as little as you want, don’t be afraid to ask.
    Known Issues-
    Mechanical/Electrical-
    -Rear end is making some noise. Shop tells me it seems there is some play in the pinion gear. This was installed along with the new motor, and only recently devolved the noise.
    -Seems to burn some oil between changes. It’s done this from the start and causes no
    issues. I just watch it. I think some of this may be an oil pan leak as well.
    -The driver’s side door sags a little. I believe this is causing the switch that tells the interior lights to cut off not to read right. I currently have the interior lights pulled out, but this should be an easy fix.
    Exterior/Interior
    -Though most of this car has had some repaint, it’s not in show condition at all. With that being said, it does shine up pretty well. With some paint correction it could really stand out (removing some swirls and imperfections in the paint). The hood was the most recently done and is in good shape, though it does have some imperfections as well. The rest of the car has the chips and scratches you would usually expect. I can literally point out every little thing, so don’t be afraid to ask for details.
    -The driver’s side seat has a rip down the side of the side bolster. I have temporarily repaired this with some strong thread, but it will need some more attention later. I had hoped to have these recovered, so it wasn’t big on my to-do list. The passenger side seat has a twist in the back piece. I pulled these from a wrecked car, and the way the car was hit kind of tweaked the seat. I was going to have this straightened out when it was recovered as well.

I’m sure there’s stuff I'm missing, so please ask anything you like.

Here are some of the newest pictures I have. Some of the changes aren’t even in these, and I plan to get more here soon. If you have any requests I will gladly get what you need. If anyone has some pictures of mine from G15, I would love to have them to post. Don’t know why I didn’t get some. Off the top of my head, missing in those pictures are the new projectors and tail lights, but maybe more.
    http://s515.photobucket.com/albums/t...ubby11/9-2-10/
    Last edited by FreakV6; 06-01-2011, 12:01 PM.

Re: 01 V6 5Spd - Many Mods

Bump...

Open to offers or working with the price if there are certain things you dont want with the car.

Comment

may want to include where the car is located
      Dave:
      00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
      97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Good idea, i forgot my profile isnt filled out here. The car is located in Northeast Alabama (Scottsboro to be more specific 35769)

Comment

looks means good luck

Comment

Is the the same cam as the video on youtube?
            Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

God damn, thats gorgeous. good luck man.
              Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
              1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
              1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
              2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

well it depends on which video. I have 3 on there. the two that have the current wheels is the current cam setup (abbott na) the older video with the black snow flakes is a gt2. Acutally here are the vids, didnt think to post them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0iHuMxF6OE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIncYSoFbek

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKKzWKejb6c

Comment

Originally posted by ACiFiC View Post
                  God damn, thats gorgeous. good luck man.
                  Thanks man, ive put a lot of work into it. hopefully it goes to someone that will take care of it.

Comment

Bump,

also the guage overlay has been settled on, the following will be shipped to me soon and installed

Comment

I have always enjoyed seeing picture's of your car, she is absolutely gorgeous. But why are you thinking of selling? If you don't mind me asking.
                      3M MAFIA
                      ________
                      | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
                      Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
                      sigpic

Comment

Its really a combination of a couple of things. I use this car as my dd, and lately I have been wanting something a little more comfortable for my daily driving (as well as bigger, thinking suv/truck). I will own another fbody, but it will be a toy only so i dont have to worry about dd issues with it. For me to pick up a new dd like i want, i really to need to get rid of this one. I think im just ready for something different really. This is the longest I have kept a single car (been 5 or 6 years now), and am ready to try something new for a while.

Thanks for the compliments though, everyone knows how much the car means to me. I know a tear will be shed when it drives off.

Comment

Well I hope she goes to someone that will take care of her an take pride in her like you have, and good luck mang.
                          3M MAFIA
                          ________
                          | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
                          Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
                          sigpic

Comment

Wanted to give this a bump with an update. I have a local buyer that seems really interested and i told him i would take 4500. I would honestly rather see it go to someone around the v6 community, and i would rather not have to see it driving around town. I will extend the same offer here if any wants it. I will also be taking it to the shop today to officially have the rear end diagnosed. Depending on what it is i will either have it fixed or at least be able to tell the next owner exactly what the issue is.

Comment

Sold!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X