For Sale: 98 Pontiac Firebird Formula Black, A4 - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For Sale: 98 Pontiac Firebird Formula Black, A4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale: 98 Pontiac Firebird Formula Black, A4

I'm selling my black 98 Formula LS1/A4 w/ 113k miles. I've owned this car for 9 years, I'm selling because I'm purchasing a 2010 Camaro SS. I just had the PA inspection & emissions done a couple of weeks ago and is good through 3/2011. The car is stock w/ with the following appearance mods; OEM WS6 hood, OEM WS6 wheels, Trans Am hatch & spoiler, White Blackbird hood stripes, Billet Aluminum shift knob, SLP lid. Also have a set of NIB Pacesetter Headers, ORY, and LS6 Intake w/ EGR provisions that I'd prefer to sell with the car. $7500 o.b.o.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 1 Bad Ass Formula; 04-18-2010, 02:30 PM.
    98 Pontiac Firebird Formula <br />Color: Black <p>Mods: T/A hatch, Wings West ground effects,WS.6 hood and air box, WS.6 wheels, Yellow door emblem overlay decals and bird plate decal.

Re: For Sale: 98 Pontiac Firebird Formula Black, A4

That seems kind of steep for a bird with that many miles. I've seen SS camaros sell for that with way less miles. A

Comment

From my experience buying my first 'bird a few weeks ago, there seems to be a huge gap between forum prices and "outsider" prices. For 2 months I looked through newspaper classifieds, scoured autotrader.com & cars.com & yahoo autos & auto-locator.com, and lurked the 4-state area craigslists like a mofo, and only near the end of my journey did I start looking through forum classifieds. By then I didn't feel like waiting another month for the right car to be listed on a forum, so I took the best deal I could find. In my opinion I got an awesome deal when I paid 6k for my bird, but I now realize most forums would list it around 4k. Why? No idea. That's just the reality of it. Maybe it's because there are 20x more mustangs on the road in our area than F-bodies (AT LEAST 20x more, and maybe 3x more $60,000 corvettes).

Now, that said, his price seems right for "non-forum" pricing. York is just on the edge of my search area when I was looking for an f-body so a month ago I'd have gone up there to look at it and maybe even paid the 7800 in full.

Yea I'm a bit of an f-body newb but I thought I'd throw my recent buying experience into the conversation. Good luck with your sale, and ALWAYS post pics with your listings. Buyers really want to be able to gauge the int/ext condition before going to see it in person.
      sigpic

Comment

Or, instead of posting that essay, I could have just quoted this:

2. NO NEGATIVE POSTS ALLOWED!!! This would mean that if the part looks like crap, or their asking price is too high, or things of that nature, keep your piehole shut.
        sigpic

Comment

Honestly I'm just pricing by the market value out my way for the car w/ the miles. Hope to have some pics up tomorrow.
          98 Pontiac Firebird Formula <br />Color: Black <p>Mods: T/A hatch, Wings West ground effects,WS.6 hood and air box, WS.6 wheels, Yellow door emblem overlay decals and bird plate decal.

Comment

Bump, some new pics of the car!

Comment

Bump! I'll listen to any reasonable offers.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X