Carbon Fiber Shift Knob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carbon Fiber Shift Knob

I am selling my carbon fiber shift knob, just cause Id rather have a stock look on the shifter. I paid $40 for it and it has normal wear but still in real good shape. I am not by my camera right now so I cant take a pic but attached is a pic of exactly what it looks like from a website. I will sell it for $25 shipped.
    Attached Files
    SLP CAI, RK Sport headers, P&Ped heads and intake, GT2 cam, Upgraded valvetrain, Z28 rear axle with 4.10s Tx Spd tune, Z06 rims, 2.5\" exhaust to flowmaster, 160* thermo, B&M ripper, upgraded ignition, rockford fosgate 12\" with sony xplode amp and HU.

Re: Carbon Fiber Shift Knob

Id like to see a pic of the bottom piece removed. Ive been looking for years for a good shift knob. The screws just strip out and the cover on the bottom wont go on because of the screws not going in all the way. This is why I want to see a pic of the bottm piece removed.
    sigpic
    98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

You got it. I am charging my battery right now and then I will post a pic
      SLP CAI, RK Sport headers, P&Ped heads and intake, GT2 cam, Upgraded valvetrain, Z28 rear axle with 4.10s Tx Spd tune, Z06 rims, 2.5\" exhaust to flowmaster, 160* thermo, B&M ripper, upgraded ignition, rockford fosgate 12\" with sony xplode amp and HU.

Comment

Just my luck. My camera just took a crap. I will have to take the knob into work tomorrow and get a picture. Ill post one ASAP

Comment

Damn.

No web cam? If so take a screen shot.
          sigpic

Comment

BTW:

Originally posted by FuryCharger View Post
            Go buy one, they are like $5
            Where can I get the plastic boot piece you are talking about?
            sigpic

Comment

I got mine off I think Gmpartsdirect. I got it a few years ago tho so price may have went up.

I do not have a web cam, so I will have to take it into work tomorrow. I guarantee the bottom piece threads on fine but will take a pic to prove it to you.
              Last edited by FuryCharger; 04-04-2010, 09:14 PM. Reason: Additional info

Comment

Hmm its a bit hard to explain in word what Im talking about.

On every SK that ive ever gotten: Once on the stick the screws only go in so far, which doesnt allow the bottom peaice to screw on. Then of course without that there, the screws keep coming out, which in turn strip the threads on the cheap *** metal they use.

How the hell do you find that thing on that site?! Doesnt even have a search?! Do you have a second to help a fella out?
                sigpic

Comment

Thats the parts number for a 97-02. Its listed at $26....funny, I swear I didnt pay more than $5 for mine. May want to shop around past GMpartsdirect

Comment

Originally posted by FuryCharger View Post

Thats the parts number for a 97-02. Its listed at $26....funny, I swear I didnt pay more than $5 for mine. May want to shop around past GMpartsdirect
                    Hmm says $30. Thanks for finding it for me LOL. Dont know how you did it.

Were else could I look? Its such a specific part
                    sigpic

Comment

Just google "GM Parts". You will find a few different sites. Maybe Ebay or Craigslist

Comment

here are two pics of the shift knob. The first is a front view. As mentioned before, it has normal wear but in good shape.

The second is of the threads, which you requested.
                        Attached Files

Comment

im confused. how does it tighten down on the shifter?
                          sigpic

Comment

On the bottom of the knob, where the threaded metal piece is, you will see threads on the outside and inside. The outside threads are for the black piece to the left and the threads inside are for threading the knob onto the shifter.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X