Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New and ready to build!

Hi all,

I'm Mike from Slidell LA. Found me a 1998 Camaro (base) with a good running 3800 and decided to spend a lot of money to make it go fast.
    Current parts include:

INTENSE Stage 4 Heads
    INTENSE Stage 4 Turbo Cam .050" 226/218, 116 degrees
    ZZP roller rocker arms 1.65:1
    JP Performance Double Chain Timing Set
    CompCams OE R Series Hydraulic roller lifters
    INTENSE Extreme duty oil restricted push rods
    ARP Head Studs, Con Rod bolts, Main stud kit, Main cross bolts
    CompCams double spring retainer kit (130#)
    Manley severe duty Gen II valves
    Diamond Uncoated Forged Piston/Pin/Ring kit 8.5:1
    L32 ConnRods
    Borg Warner SX AR.91 66mm Turbo
    38mm wastegate
    OBX-R high performance inline BOV
    Mishimoto Z-Line intercooler
    Homyl 3" downpipe
    Flowmaster American Thunder CatBack
    3" high flow cat and resonator
    Fuellab regulator
    Siemens Deka 60# injectors
    ZZP 130lph fuel pump
    Centerforce dual friction clutch
    Pro 5.0 short throw shifter
    Meziere electric water pump
    and a bunch of glowshift gauges, and fun stuff.

I plan to spend the next year making all this work together and tune it with a goal of 500+ HP.
    Hoping to learn from the vets here and make new friends along the way.

Looks good, should be fun. Only problem I see is the manual won’t hold past 300 hp.
    Last edited by ssms5411; 05-30-2022, 11:21 AM.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Look up G-force 5 speed transmission if their still around, their about $2500.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

What hot pipes you going to run? What’s the specs are on the turbo? Have to be careful on the down pipe, probably end up modifying it to fit.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
          What hot pipes you going to run? What’s the specs are on the turbo? Have to be careful on the down pipe, probably end up modifying it to fit.
          Turbo specs:
          Exhaust Inlet (Turbo Manifold) Flange: T4
          Exhaust Outlet (Downpipe) Flange: V-Band
          Turbine Trim: 85
          Turbine A/R: 0.91
          Turbine Inducer Diameter: 80mm/3.14in
          Turbine Exducer Diameter: 73mm/2.9in
          Compressor Trim: 47
          Compressor Air Inlet Size: 77.5mm
          Compressor Air outlet Size: 51.2mm
          Compressor Inducer Diameter: 66mm/2.6in
          Compressor Exducer Diameter: 96mm/3.8in
          Bearing Type: Floating bearing
          Trust bearings: 270 Degrees

Hot side is 2" stainless U-pipe attached to stock header feet - custom fabricated by me if it will fit. Based my plan off a build I found on supercharger forums. I have a lot of tig experience so am confident on the fab side. My main concern is the tune. Am considering the Holley HP EFI with LS coils but may stick with a dyno tune on stock ecu until I can play with a Holley setup.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
            Look up G-force 5 speed transmission if their still around, their about $2500.
            Was considering the tremec magnum F but will look into G-force. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by BadMFMike View Post

Turbo specs:
              Exhaust Inlet (Turbo Manifold) Flange: T4
              Exhaust Outlet (Downpipe) Flange: V-Band
              Turbine Trim: 85
              Turbine A/R: 0.91
              Turbine Inducer Diameter: 80mm/3.14in
              Turbine Exducer Diameter: 73mm/2.9in
              Compressor Trim: 47
              Compressor Air Inlet Size: 77.5mm
              Compressor Air outlet Size: 51.2mm
              Compressor Inducer Diameter: 66mm/2.6in
              Compressor Exducer Diameter: 96mm/3.8in
              Bearing Type: Floating bearing
              Trust bearings: 270 Degrees

Hot side is 2" stainless U-pipe attached to stock header feet - custom fabricated by me if it will fit. Based my plan off a build I found on supercharger forums. I have a lot of tig experience so am confident on the fab side. My main concern is the tune. Am considering the Holley HP EFI with LS coils but may stick with a dyno tune on stock ecu until I can play with a Holley setup.
              Your turbo is too big, Look at 62mm turbos with a .63 or .68 ar. Nothing wrong with stock coils. Biggest problem you’ll face is the maf and tunning if you plan on a high hp build. Then you’ll run out of fuel, so you’ll need dual fuel pumps, 120lb injectors and custom fuel line and rail.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I will definately upgrade the injectors and fuel pumps. Any recommendations on the MAF sensor?

Comment

Originally posted by BadMFMike View Post
                  Thanks for the info. I will definately upgrade the injectors and fuel pumps. Any recommendations on the MAF sensor?
                  ZZPERFORMANCE mini afc for the maf, but will need alot of tunning.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
                    hey there strangers!
                    by 3.4 slow to go
                    been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                    13 hours ago
                  • ssms5411
                    Had to get another phone
                    by ssms5411
                    Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                    1 week ago
                  • ssms5411
                    Leaking front cover
                    by ssms5411
                    So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                    2 weeks ago
                  • transamtom1
                    Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                    by transamtom1
                    Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                    3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X